Hotel Milano?

Sunny AZ Girl

We are currently looking at hotels in San Juan for our cruise next May. I just noticed that the Hotel Milano in OSJ is highly rated on tripadvisor. Has anyone here stayed there and able to give a review? I think it will be between that one and the Clarion Le Consulat. However, the Hotel Milano would be convenient for us since we will be departing from the OSJ pier 4.

I have stayed at the hotel Milano and truly enjoyed it. Try to get a room in front or you may not have a window. It was clean, nothing fancy, but had great food in the restaurant upstairs. We had breakfast and dinner there. The location can't be beat. The price is right, compared to El Convento, which is just a few blocks away. The hotel was busy when we were there last summer. I would not stay here for a week, but for one or two nights it was just right. Anymore questions? Please ask. Hope this helps.

Corinne

We were booked at this Hotel for a 2 night pre-cruise stay back in 2003...we checked in but immediately checked out after seeing our room. We had booked & paid for a "Bay View" room, didn't get it. What we did get was a room overlooking the street below, beds that had soiled linen on them (the bedspread had a skid mark from someone sitting on it barebottomed) and the best thing the room came with...COCKROACHES!

When we complained, we were shown a room on the top floor, ok I guess you could say it had a view of the bay from the windows...if you crained your neck out the window and looked far to the right. When I mentioned the cockroaches, the manager sheepishly said..."we have a little problem with them". Also the elevator was quite old & rickety and the door didn't open level with the floor it stopped on...ie you either had to step up or down to exit/enter it. Not fun with big heavy suitcases.

We promptly located better accommidations several blocks away, across the street from the OSJ port. Terrific view of the bay from our window, without paying extra for it.

But that was 5 years ago...maybe they've cleaned up the place?

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there on 6/21/08 the night before our cruise (Carnival Destiny). With taxes and fees, the total cost was $131.00 for a room away from the street. It was well worth the money for a night before your cruise. This hotel is a small hotel but convienently located a few blocks away from the pier, shopping, and forts. Our room did have a window but you would have to stand on a chair to look out and see an alley. But we were not paying for a great view. If it's just one night, there is no sense spending a fortune for a bed to sleep. The room and the bathroom were clean (including the white linens). We didn't eat there, we chose to walk a couple blocks to La Bombonera (sp?) for pastries and fresh squeezed orange juice. Excellent choice.

I would stay there again pre-cruise!

We stayed there pre-cruise in Feb 2007 nothing fancy but convenient. Probably would stay there again due to convenience but we are returning in Feb. of 2009 and I am looking at the Marriott Stellaris.

pittypat

• 2 weeks later...

we stayed at hotel milano last feb 2008 and would stay there again

the room was clean and the location perfect

we are going back to san juan jan 2009 but since we are staying 2 nights we opted to try for a resort on priceline and got the intercontinteal for less money then hotel milano

friends who are going on the cruise with us are staying at the milano again

Archived