Concierge Class

vacationhappy

The square means that you have a trundle - I would recommend that you just call your TA or Celebrity directly and switch your room to one that has the triangle. That will give you a sofa (one twin) and a pullman....you can stay in the big bed and each kid can get a separate bed.

BTW medfordgirld, do you mean Medford, MA?

The square means that you have a trundle - I would recommend that you just call your TA or Celebrity directly and switch your room to one that has the triangle. That will give you a sofa (one twin) and a pullman....you can stay in the big bed and each kid can get a separate bed.

BTW medfordgirld, do you mean Medford, MA?

I sent an Email to celebrity, waiting for a response. If they don't contact me soon about the room then I will call them next week.

Yes I am from Medford MA. But have been in Florida since 1979.

Hey, Medfordgirl -

I am a foster mom, and it's great! However, I have to ask - have you talked to your case worker or placement agency about taking a foster child on the cruise?

Here in Georgia, we have to get the natural parents' permission to travel out of state, and I have no idea what kind of hoops we'd have to jump through to take them out of the country. We were denied permission by the mother of our first foster kids to take them home for Thanksgiving, so they had to stay with strangers.

We are leaving our foster daughters with a family they know from our church (the family had to be home-studied), as we had booked the cruise before we became foster parents.

You may already be all over this, I just thought I'd mention it in case it hadn't come up before.

Hey, Medfordgirl -

I am a foster mom, and it's great! However, I have to ask - have you talked to your case worker or placement agency about taking a foster child on the cruise?

Here in Georgia, we have to get the natural parents' permission to travel out of state, and I have no idea what kind of hoops we'd have to jump through to take them out of the country. We were denied permission by the mother of our first foster kids to take them home for Thanksgiving, so they had to stay with strangers.

We are leaving our foster daughters with a family they know from our church (the family had to be home-studied), as we had booked the cruise before we became foster parents.

You may already be all over this, I just thought I'd mention it in case it hadn't come up before.

Good for you being a foster parent. I respect you for that. We didn't go that route that was too much for us. We have completed our MAPP classes and have half of our home study done. We are looking to adopt. The thing is, if we get matched soon and things work out then the child would live with us for a 3 month trial period before adoption would be final. If we go on our cruise november 30 it could be that she would be in that 3 month trial. We were told that the counselor could go to court and get permission. I was just worried that if she needs a passport we may not have time to get it? I would not be able to leave her home. If it looks like this could happen then we would have to postpone the trial period. We can't put off the cruise because we promised our son and he has already waited patiently this long. We don't want to be unfair to him.

Archived