Tampa: Disembarkation Timing Issue?

Frohoss

I originally posted this question in the Florida Departure section with little luck. Hope i get some here.

We are set to sail with Carnival out of Tampa on Nov 30 - Dec 7 (Sunday) We booked our flights on our own. I just received noticed that our return flight home has just been changed. Originally it was scheduled to depart at 1:40pm. Now it has been moved to 12:00pm. Straight up NOON. Carnival is set to arrive back in Tampa at 8:00am.

My question is, for those of you that have experienced the Tampa Port/Tampa Airport, Is this enough time to disembark from the ship and make it to the airport?

How consistent is Carnival with there arrival times and disembarkation times?

I assume Carnival will work with those passenger with early flights? Letting them disembark earlier than planned?

I guess what I'm getting at is...Should I be sweating this noon flight issue?

Thanks in advance for your comments and input.

I originally posted this question in the Florida Departure section with little luck. Hope i get some here.

We are set to sail with Carnival out of Tampa on Nov 30 - Dec 7 (Sunday) We booked our flights on our own. I just received noticed that our return flight home has just been changed. Originally it was scheduled to depart at 1:40pm. Now it has been moved to 12:00pm. Straight up NOON. Carnival is set to arrive back in Tampa at 8:00am.

My question is, for those of you that have experienced the Tampa Port/Tampa Airport, Is this enough time to disembark from the ship and make it to the airport?

I assume Carnival will work with those passenger with early flights? Letting them disembark earlier than planned?

The only time there is trouble here in Tampa is if it is a fog situation. Have had it happen twice. Otherwise it is fine. The only thing that can bite you is a delay. You might want to check the airline to see if they have a later departure...

You should be okay. It you do self assist for debarkation you will be off very early or with an early flight will also help you. I believe if you go to the pursers desk the night before debark and tell them they usually make sure you have tags to disembark early.

The airport is very close to the port so it shouldn;t take you very long to get there. Good Luck.

If everything works as it should, if the ship is on time and not delayed by fog, rough seas or weather - and - you get tags for an early debark, you should be fine.

Wouldn't hurt to have a "plan B" on hand, just in case. At least have an idea of your options for flights if for some reason you don't make the noon one.

Carnival would never arrive back in port late on purpose....it's those unexpected things that pop up that cause the problems. On their website, they list suggested departure times for each port. It's after 11:20 for Tampa, so hopefully all will be OK.

You should be okay. It you do self assist for debarkation you will be off very early or with an early flight will also help you. I believe if you go to the pursers desk the night before debark and tell them they usually make sure you have tags to disembark early.

The airport is very close to the port so it shouldn;t take you very long to get there. Good Luck.

This is true-in the capers they tell you to contact the pursers desk if you have a flight leaving before noon. BTW-we were on the Legend last week and made a 10:00am flight (stand by) out of Tampa. We were in group 4. They called 1-5 after self assist.

Archived