Wanting Someone to Compare Ships....

Last cruise on RCL was terrific.

Last cruise on CCL was terrific.

Last cruise on NCL was terrific.

Last cruise on PCL was terrific.

ETC.

If you're unwilling to try something new, you have to sail the same ship from the same line over and over.

Only comparisons I do is compare how the cruise I'm on compares with not being on a cruise. Funny, it wins every time.

Dan

I certainly agree that cruising beats working ANY time, but when you work hard to stretch your budget so that you can enjoy your vacations you want the most you can get for your time and money. We sailed NCL and it was NOT NEARLY the experience that we had with RCI. I'm just hoping someone can give me their opinionated comparisons. We want to try Carnival, and it's a few hundred dollars less than RCI, but I'd like to hear opinions.

I have been on the Rhapsody (same as Grandeur) and the Glory-eastern. The Rhapsody-with all of the glass, outside deck space and elegant decor makes it my favorite ship of the two despite the Glory being larger and newer.

If you have specific questions, ask away!

If you are asking for a direct Carnival to Royal comparison- I will take a stab at it. My first cruise was on Royal so I am a little biased:p I really think the two lines are very similar. They both do things that are a little better than the other. Carnival has food on their side, Royal has activities, prettier/larger ships. The service is really ship to ship so its not fair to say one is better than another.

If its a choice between the Glory and say the Mariner--the Mariner is worth the extra costs IMHO. Not to say that the Glory isnt a great vacation because we really enjoyed our time onboard. The Mariner just had more of the wow factor.

I will continue to sail both because I really feel like they both offer a great value for my vacation dollar.

I have sailed on Carnival, Holland, Princess, RCL, and Norwegian. Best bang for the buck in my opinion is Carnival. All others are fun as well (never had a bad cruise) but Carnival is consistently good, lots of things to do, food is really quite good most of the time, and most of the help are very friendly and outgoing. What ports are you visiting??? If it is the same, save the money and go Carnival.

We went on the Mariner and on several Carnival ships.

Food--Carnival MUCH better.

Shows--Carnival much more professional.

Decor--Any ships but Carnival! The grapes in the dining room on the Miracle were the worst. The Mariner was gorgeous.

I didn't like having to stand in line every time my kids wanted to rock climb or ice skate to sign release form. Lines were long and you couldn't just get a form, fill it out and give it to your child, you had to wait in the line with them. Boring! Especially when they did the climbing 2x in a day and also ice skated. My cruise was waiting in lines.

Every line is different! Every ship within that line usually is different as well. But as far as Carnival goes, I was just on the Fascination in May and I had an absolute blast!

You can read my review on the Fascination Boards for the 5/5/08 sailing entitled "What's Not to Like".

I wouldn't hesitate to take any one of Carnivals ships. For starters you can't beat their prices. On my May cruise - I had the most fantastic cabin attendants in the universe - but the people on the other side of me rarely saw their attendants - and had no good things to say about them; so there ya go.

Check out the itinerary, price and cabin type on each line you're considering and go with what suits you best. Then come back and write up a review of your experience.

OK, I've sailed on both the Grandeur (2x) and the Glory. Cabins and balconies are considerably smaller on the Grandeur, but I prefer the overall atmosphere. Having said that, I gotta say that atmosphere and decor are not big selling points with me. It boils down to the overall cruise experience and the cost. From that perspective, the Glory wins hands down, IMHO.

Archived