If the ship switches ports, do I loose$$

madiandcindy

Ok, so I want to book this dolphin excursion for my kids in cozumel and have to prepay and I know that sometimes if there is a storm the ship will route to another port, well we are going in hurricane season sept 26 we will be in cozumel, if for any reason the ship skips this port do I loose my excursion money? That would suck!! Any of you had experiences like this? My travel insurance doesnt cover it. Any suggestions???

One advantage with booking an excursion through the ship is that if the excursion does not happen for any reason such as skipping the port, the money is refunded to you. This also can happen if the excursion is rained out or equipment malfunctions.

One other advantage of booking through the ship is that if the excursion is late in returning to the ship for any reason (traffic, mechanical problems, etc), the ship will wait for you. You have contracted with the ship and they are responsible for your well being.

So relax and book the excursion that you want from the ship.

One advantage with booking an excursion through the ship is that if the excursion does not happen for any reason such as skipping the port, the money is refunded to you. This also can happen if the excursion is rained out or equipment malfunctions.

One other advantage of booking through the ship is that if the excursion is late in returning to the ship for any reason (traffic, mechanical problems, etc), the ship will wait for you. You have contracted with the ship and they are responsible for your well being.

The problem is that the ship only offers one time slot for this excursion which means I am stuck. I dont want to waste all day when I can choose an early slot privately with dolphinaris at 10:20, the ship tour is one slot at 1pm only, I really want to do a beach break also so this doesnt work.

Ok, so I want to book this dolphin excursion for my kids in cozumel and have to prepay and I know that sometimes if there is a storm the ship will route to another port, well we are going in hurricane season sept 26 we will be in cozumel, if for any reason the ship skips this port do I loose my excursion money? That would suck!! Any of you had experiences like this? My travel insurance doesnt cover it. Any suggestions???

All companies are different. You need to go to their website and read up on the terms and conditions. Don't book it if they won't refund. Rerouting and skips are fairly common.

Your chances depend if Cozumel is a dock port or tender port for you.

If it is a tendering port.......and since just a little swell can keep them from tendering..........your chances for missing the port are greater if you are are tendering.

If you dock...it would take a good sized storm for you to miss it.

In addition, if the OP wants the Royal Dolphin Swim at Dolphin Discovery, which is the best experience, cruise ships don't offer it.

OP: Don't know which you are planning to book, Dolphin Discovery or Dolphinaris, but this is what I found:

Dolphin Discovery:

I´m traveling by cruise ship. What happens if my boat is delayed, or diverted away from Cozumel or Tortola and I can't participate in my program - do I get a refund?

Yes - if for any reason your cruise ship is delayed, or diverted away from your Dolphin Discovery destination, you will be entitled to a full refund upon verification of the delay/diversion with the cruise line company.

On the Dolphinaris website, there is no information about cancellation that I could find. I'd suggest you email or call them before reserving to check on that if that is where you want to go.

Some independents do not collect any money until you disembark from the ship. Therefore if you miss the port, there is no problem about a refund. I am not sure if you can find one in Coz though since it is really tourist oriented.

Archived