Camo stuff

momofcandj

Just wondered about something. Seems to me I read on here someone had an issue with camo clothing. We are going to be going to Cozumel and Progresso, and were planning on carrying Camelbak backpacks with water bladders in there. They are a brown camo, like the desert uniforms the Army wears. Just wondering if we will have a problem with that in those 2 ports. We have others we can take, just prefer these for the comfort factor.

Thanks,

Kari

Just wondered about something. Seems to me I read on here someone had an issue with camo clothing. We are going to be going to Cozumel and Progresso, and were planning on carrying Camelbak backpacks with water bladders in there. They are a brown camo, like the desert uniforms the Army wears. Just wondering if we will have a problem with that in those 2 ports. We have others we can take, just prefer these for the comfort factor.

Thanks,

Kari

If I am not mistaken camo is not allowed in Mexico....

You might want to check on the fashion thread believe it or not.....

Whew...:eek:

Am I the only one who feared that this was a dinning room thread when you read the title? :D

Or tips on mounting a successful attack on the buffet!

(Chocolate cake at 3 O'Clock. Synchronize watches and man your stations.)

Barbados is the only cruise port I know that has a restriction on wearing camo clothing. Its mentioned in the capers and by the CD. I have never seen or heard any such warning re: Mexico.

Yes this is the only port we know of. They have signs posted right at the port. I also believe it was in the capers.....

You can wear camo in Mexico......

Barbados is the only cruise port I know that has a restriction on wearing camo clothing. Its mentioned in the capers and by the CD. I have never seen or heard any such warning re: Mexico.

In Barbados camo is only allowed to be worn by the military or police. It is against their law for anyone else to have it on in any form. This is the only place I am aware of with that restriction we have been too.

LOL... attack on the buffet sounds good... Nah I saw enough dining room threads... I think I got DH talked into appropriate wear for there. He is just so happy not to wear military uniform for the week.

It would just be the 2 of us and just the backpacks that are camo, I think he is wearing regular clothes otherwise.

Just don't want to annoy or upset any other countries.

Maybe an attack on the buffet, but thats about it. Nah I saw enough dining room threads already. Think I have him convinced to wear appropriate clothing there. He is just so happy to wear civilian clothes that I think no camo, other than our 2 backpacks.

Its just the 2 of us and its our very first cruise so we are doing ship excursions. Sounds like we would probably be okay with them.

Thanks,

Kari

I wouldn't take the camo backpacks either...better safe than sorry.

See #3 in the link.

http://www.justcaribbean.com/traveladvice.html

I thought I just read somewhere on here about camo in Mexico and someone not being allowed to wear it. But I don't remember where I read it.

My DH has a pair of camo shorts that he likes to wear on exursions because it has lots of pockets but we read in the caper at one of the mexican ports ( don't remember which) that camo attire is prohibited in mexico so he had to change his shorts before we left.:mad:

Kinda off the subject, but I'm cruising to Alaska and I plan to wear my rainproof camo jacket on deck. It's the only piece of Gore-Tex I have and I'll be darned if I'm gonna spend $150 for a new jacket just so I don't look like a "redneck." Let the people snicker. :p

In Barbados camo is only allowed to be worn by the military or police. It is against their law for anyone else to have it on in any form. This is the only place I am aware of with that restriction we have been too.

Takes the term "Fashion Police" to a whole new level.

My DH has a pair of camo shorts that he likes to wear on exursions because it has lots of pockets but we read in the caper at one of the mexican ports ( don't remember which) that camo attire is prohibited in mexico so he had to change his shorts before we left.:mad:

This is the first I have heard of this. We travel to Mexico alot and have always worn camo.

Archived