How can airlines change flight schedules without notifying you??

Bobbigrl27

I will take the risk of a 1 stop flight (basically all I can find out of my local airport), than spending the money to drive 2 hours to Memphis (our closest major airport) or the 5 hours to Dallas. If something goes wrong, if I'm flying out of an airport that's over 2 hours away (if there is no traffic), then after a long miserable day flying, I then have to risk getting on the road where I am likely to have a traffic accident due to being tired, fed up, and cranky. Not a good choice.

Lori,

Give it to me, NO WAY we would drive from JAX to ATL, just for a non-stop flight - not to mention ATL is one of the most congested airport which often has flight delays even it is originated from ATL... 'Cause planes have to arrive ATL before they can fly out from ATL...

Nonstop flights do NOT equal to No Delay flights. We had a flight out from IAD, nonstop to FLL, delayed a total of 4 hours and then sat on runway for another hour+ before we were finally underway.

The time and the costs involved for driving from JAX to ATL, certainly MORE aggrevating and costlier than take a 1-stop connection flight right out from JAX.

We routinely connect at ORD or DFW, except we would avoid ORD in winter time. Occasionally we would even connect at IAD. Gasp!

We do have non-stop choice from MIA - however, we detest MIA so much that we would rather take a 1-stop connection from FLL rather than drive the 35 miles down to MIA to take a nonstop, not to mention that it usually is CHEAPER to fly from FLL, even including the additional security / airport fee with the connection.

Your flight JAX/SEA is VERY CHEAP indeed.

I guess that is why different strokes for different people. ;)

Hi, thanks for the reply:)

I guess we look at things differently.;) Atlanta is actually

5.5 hours from Jacksonville....and my flight is the first one

out at 6:30am. There are at least 6 other connecting flights

after mine (after looking at Delta's website).

The flight I got was only 131.00 total (including taxes).:D and that

is Jax to Seattle...pretty cheap!:)

I bet it would cost me over 100.00 in gas to just get up there.

Anyway, as the old saying goes...Different strokes for

different folks.:)

Oh, the one thing I do agree with...looking out for myself...there is nobody

else. I do everything on my own, including cruising solo and flying to

wherever I am going solo.

I will take the risk of a 1 stop flight (basically all I can find out of my local airport), than spending the money to drive 2 hours to Memphis (our closest major airport) or the 5 hours to Dallas. If something goes wrong, if I'm flying out of an airport that's over 2 hours away (if there is no traffic), then after a long miserable day flying, I then have to risk getting on the road where I am likely to have a traffic accident due to being tired, fed up, and cranky. Not a good choice.

Not to mention you could blow a tire on the road on the way to airport (hence the infamous "flat tire" rule to ask airlines let you standby because you miss the flight.), or God Forbid, a traffic accident on the freeway that closes the traffic for hous... then you would still miss your nonstop flight.

Besides, Nonstop flights do NOT equal to NO DELAY flights. Really the only advantage of nonstop flights might be much less chance for misplaced checked luggages.

Adding unnecessary long distance drive to the mix, just for the sake of taking a nonstop flight, it is not a risk I would take. But then, some folks think the connection flight would be of greater risk... to each their own. :p

American changed our flights for late August. No e-mail notification though I have gotten them in the past. Just found out by checking yesterday. They probably laid off the person that hits that button on the computer. Good thing we have a very large gap between our first two connecting flights.

No ... that person seems to have survived any purges:) . American sent me an email notification within one day of changing our flights for our upcoming December trip. This occurred end-last week.

Archived