Bottled Water on ship

You can order it through room service too. There are usually a 16 oz and a large bottle available. I usually buy bottled water off the ship and bring it back on as it is considerably less expensive. I use it for going off the ship or for doing nasal rinses. On the ship I always drink the ship water and have never had a problem or heard of a problem and the water tastes great.

As someone said - you can buy a case of bottled water and put it on the ship with your luggage. Some folks can't tell a difference, some (very few) report issues with the water on the ship. If you get on and don't like the ship water - bottled water for an entire cruise can get expensive.

Is bottled water available on the ship? Do they provide it in your room or do you have to buy it in the shop on board? Thanks!

The water on the ship does taste fine, but I find that after drinking it for a few days my ankles and fingers swell up a little. I know that it is desalinated sea water and even though you can't taste any salt, there must still be some sodium in it.

I usually bring a couple of bottles of water with me and then buy more in port. I did buy a large bottle on board this last time because we had a generous OBC.

We bring a case of bottled water with us as well. For us its not the point whether ships water taste good, its just easier . Its also easier and cheaper when we go on excursions to take our own water.

Is bottled water available on the ship? Do they provide it in your room or do you have to buy it in the shop on board? Thanks!

We always take two empty water bottles and fill them up each morning at the Windjamer during breakfast. Their water there is just fine. The price for a bottle of water last December was $2.29 per bottle.

slowpoke58

Guest carlogesualdo

I bring my own bottled water because I'm picky about the taste of my water and it's difficult to find the brand of bottled water I like. Lots of people have no problem with the "tap" water on board, but I don't like to take chances. If I don't like it, I have no recourse for the week, since I know the ship doesn't sell the brand I drink.

We bring 2 bottles of water onboard.........and then fill it either in our cabin.......which has excellent water..........or onshore. So far.....we have never experienced any problems whatsoever with the ships water.

Rick

We always bring a case of bottled water with us. The last 2 times we have had to carry it on with us (they would not deliver it to the room), but it is well worth it if you drink a lot of it.

If you put your cabin number on it they will deliver it with your luggage. We do it all the time. Wrap duct tape around the side so it won't open up and roll all over the place. Write the cabin # on it and send it the it's way.

Though the water does taste quite good, I believe it must have some salt still in it. My legs/ankles/feet have swelled up terribly on each cruise. I plan to bring a case of water this time and see if I can avoid the issue for once. I even ended up in sickbay once on an IV to help flush it out and had my feet up and on ice for the rest of the cruise. :(

As many have said, just put your room # or a luggage sticker on a 24 pack of water and have it delivered to your room when you check in. We take to packs of water, one of big 1 liter bottles and one pack of smaller bottles. One cruise we didn't bring any water, so we filled our bottles at the Windjammer, but some ships have signs saying not to do that "for public health reasons", ie getting everyone else sick. After I thought of that I quit filling bottles and brought my own, now I get grossed out when I see people fill their own bottle in the Windjammer, HELLO Norwalk virus :(

When ever this comes up I just remember something I saw on TV years ago. It was about a water taise taste. In a blind test people were given 5 different glasses of water to drink, the water most people liked the best and said had the best taist was New York Tap water.

Most bottled water comes from the same source as tap water does and it goes through the same pipes as tap water does.

We bring a case of bottled water with us as well. For us its not the point whether ships water taste good, its just easier . Its also easier and cheaper when we go on excursions to take our own water.

How can it be easier than keeping an empty bottle or packing a nalgene bottle and filling it at the tap? Holding the bottle under the tap and turtning on the water would not be very difficult for most people.

Perhaps you have problems.

DON

When ever this comes up I just remember something I saw on TV years ago. It was about a water taise taste. In a blind test people were given 5 different glasses of water to drink, the water most people liked the best and said had the best taist was New York Tap water.

Most bottled water comes from the same source as tap water does and it goes through the same pipes as tap water does.

NYC tap water comes from upstate reservoirs and consistently wins taste tests.

DON

How can it be easier than keeping an empty bottle or packing a nalgene bottle and filling it at the tap? Holding the bottle under the tap and turtning on the water would not be very difficult for most people.

Perhaps you have problems.

DON

We just prefer it this way. In the dining room we have no problem drinking water they serve us. From being on a couple cruises already, and reading these posts, I am surely not the only one.

Really, no need to get nasty about it. Ive been on these boards for several yrs, and never respond negatively to anybody.

true - but you can't carry a 'tap' around with you - and city tap water isn't desalinated sea water either

Archived