? on cabin 7210 Conquest getting seasick being in front

kdh123

I have another thread going but didn't word it correct. So trying again to see if I can get some opinions.

I booked cabins 7210, 7214, 7209 on the Conquest on the empress deck. They are in the front and are inside cabins. The ship is going out of Galveston on Aug. 9, 2009--7 days. Going to Key West, Freeport/Nausua Bahmamas.

My brother-n-law gets seasick. My question is can you feel lots of movement in the very front up high like that. I was considering seeing if I could down grade to the riviera deck mid-ship if they have any if that would be better. I tried to get midship on the empress but they didn't have any available.

Any suggestions would help.

Thank you

There is no way to insure someone will not get seasick. The best you can do to improve your odds is to book a cabin as close to the center of the ship near or on the waterline. A cabin near the front of the ship will increase the chance of feeling the "motion of the ocean".

We were in front cabins on Voyager of the Seas, the ones that look out forward over the bow, this year out of Galveston and had no problems. But we had average seas. Most cruise ships are large enough to be stable in average seas. But if you run into rough weather, you will probably feel it no matter where you are on the ship. If cruise ships had that many problems with motion sickness, most people wouldn't spend money on them. I think the risk is low and not worth moving cabins unless you really want to insure you have done everything possible to avoid sea sickness.

A better approach is to simply have motion sickness prescription before leaving and take it as a precaution during the cruise. Otherwise, relax and enjoy.

Archived