? About Sign and Sail Card

MIgal04

Hello Everyone,

I have read a lot about the Sign & Sail Card, but I can't find this answer anywhere.

Going on a family renunion type of cruise (mine and most of the families first). My grandmother is paying for the actual cruise and the tips ahead of time.

Now, I am sharing a room with my sister. Do we each get our own Sign & Sail cards or are they linked together? Can we request to have our own?

I hope we could get seperate ones b/c I don't want to have to sit down at the end of the week and have to figure out who spent what.

Also, is our Sign & Sail card our room key too???????

Thanks in advance ;-)

:)

Hello Everyone,

I have read a lot about the Sign & Sail Card, but I can't find this answer anywhere.

Going on a family renunion type of cruise (mine and most of the families first). My grandmother is paying for the actual cruise and the tips ahead of time.

Now, I am sharing a room with my sister. Do we each get our own Sign & Sail cards or are they linked together? Can we request to have our own?

I hope we could get seperate ones b/c I don't want to have to sit down at the end of the week and have to figure out who spent what.

Also, is our Sign & Sail card our room key too???????

Thanks in advance ;-)

Just give your own credit cards for you sail and sign cards and they will set them up that way. Also, every ship I have been on your card is your room key. Get a lanyard to keep it around your neck so you always have it.

When you get to the cruise line embarkation desk at the port, every adult has to complete the various forms, etc. That is where they will issue you a ship card with your name on it. At that time you will either present a credit card or cash money to secure your account on the ship. You may choose or not to allow another pax to use your credit card with their ship card. You will be asked to sign a document allowing the cruise line to charge your credit card and agreeing to pay the charges.

The ship's card will allow you to board the ship, open the door to your stateroom and make shipboard charges to your account. (Hint: Don't loose it or leave it laying around unattended!). The card has a magnetic strip that works the electronic lock on the door just like most hotels today. It will only unlock one stateroom door. Be aware that when your ship card is used onboard they do not have a picture of you nor do they ask for any identification. If you loose it, go immediately to the Bursar's office and report it so that they can freeze your account. It is not all that different than the common credit card.

When you board the ship the first time they will swipe your card and take your picture, which will be stored on the ship's computer. Everytime you leave the ship, they will have you swipe your card recording that you have disembarked. When you return they will have you swipe your card and they will then see your picture on their viewer to make sure that it really is your card. It will record you as being back onboard. The computer then puts out a report on who did not make it back onboard when they sail.

Archived