Sailing July 27th from Seattle-excursions???

keepercruisin

Hi fellow and past cruisers....we are booked on the Helicpoter/Dog Sledding in Skayway, then the Whale watching/Catamarn ride in Juneau, and last, Adventure Kart in Ketchikan. Has anyone taking any of these before? I know this is a trip of a life time for us, and I want to make sure I pick the right excursions. :cool: I am sure they will be great, but just wanted any feedback if possible....

thanks in advance!!!:p

We did dog sledding on a glacier with Coastal in Juneau. We had the BEST time! I'm sure the same can be said for your excursion in Skagway.

We whale watched in Juneau with Orca. We haven't done the catamaran. Whale watching is always a great experience! You will love it!

Hi fellow and past cruisers....we are booked on the Helicpoter/Dog Sledding in Skayway, then the Whale watching/Catamarn ride in Juneau, and last, Adventure Kart in Ketchikan. Has anyone taking any of these before? I know this is a trip of a life time for us, and I want to make sure I pick the right excursions. :cool: I am sure they will be great, but just wanted any feedback if possible....

There are soooo many great excursions in Alaska. You have to pick the ones which are best for you. The other ones -- you can do them on your NEXT cruise to Alaska!;)

The only thing you should keep in mind is that the Helicopter/Dog Sledding is the most cancelled excursion in Alaska. The weather has to be just right for it to go. So it is probably wise to have a back up plan just in case it does not work out.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Hi Keepercrusin...just replied back on the other roll call thread about hotels in Seattle...check it out:). We are are also doing the Adventure Kart tour...the info that I have read in other posts is very positive for this tour...my boys can't wait and the hubby too! We are doing the 12:00 tour I think...we have another tour in the morning...the Crab boat tour (Deadliest Catch) and then on to the Adventure Karts...can't wait! I have heard the Dog Sled tour in wonderful...my boys opted for the Helicopter Glacier tour and walking on the ice in Skagway and then Ziplining in Juneau...:D.

Starting to pack! :eek:

Kathy

Hi there,

I thought I was so smart in getting my excursions figured out, now you have me worried that the Heli/Dog Sledding will be cancelled. I know you can't predict the weather....and since these ports are back to back, I won't have enough time to cancel the one in Skagway if I book both Juneau and Skagway. I think you need to cancel 24 hrs in advance. What a mess.... I thought late July I would be safe with the weather, but I guess you just don't know. I looked on the weather calendar and it has rained every day in the month of July so far both in Juneau and Skagway...I better pack some more warm clothes...:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Hi there,

I thought I was so smart in getting my excursions figured out, now you have me worried that the Heli/Dog Sledding will be cancelled. I know you can't predict the weather....and since these ports are back to back, I won't have enough time to cancel the one in Skagway if I book both Juneau and Skagway. I think you need to cancel 24 hrs in advance. What a mess.... I thought late July I would be safe with the weather, but I guess you just don't know. I looked on the weather calendar and it has rained every day in the month of July so far both in Juneau and Skagway...I better pack some more warm clothes...:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Having never been to Alaska, we are just looking so forward to the adventure! I have really read alot on these threads and there is definitely way more posts about the dog sled tour that people "did" take over the ones that may have been cancelled! I'm just prepared for rain...no fashion statement on this trip! I also did read that many Helicopter companies try to accomodate people that have had the dog sled tour cancelled but may still be able to do the glacier tour because it is at a much lower elevation...:D. My kids are actually praying for rain when we do the Adventure Kart excursion...that one is rain or shine...they say bring on the mud puddles! :eek:

Archived