Military Discounts.... When??

1tuckersmom

Does anyone know when there will be another Military discount offered on Carnival?

I am a confused what you are asking. Military discounts are offered on most ships and sailings but are capacity controlled. If you are asking about the military discount coupled with the friends and family were multiple cabins can be booked at the discount rate that only happens a couple times a year.

Contact a Carnival PVP,they can tell you when they are available, you ask them about it when you Book with them, or if you use a TA tell them your a vet!! I get a Military Discount when I book and it's pretty good, I beleive around $100.00 Per Cabin!! But just call 1-800-438-6744 and speak with a PVP!! "Personal Vacation Planner" and it's Free, I do my bookings through them but I think it's too late now they only have it at specific times!!!;)

Our experience has been that the Carnival Vet Discount is available for some cabins on some sailings.

Our TA (not a Carnival PVP) let's us know if it's available on cruises we are looking at. Some have had balconies only, some are balconies and OV's. Can't remember if insides or suites are ever on the list.

Charlie

P.S. Our next cruise on NCL is also with a Military Veteran Discount. 2 years active and honorable discharge is all we needed.

All of our past Carnival cruises in cat. 11 have been military discounted. Some saved us several hundred dollars each. All our future booked cruises (5) are with the military discount except the Dream in 2010. :)

When I booked direct with Carnival for my 2009 cruise to Alaska, first the gal asked me what kind of cabin I wanted. I told her I had been looking at a Cat.11. She then offered me the wrap-around at the back of the ship on the Upper Deck.

Then she asked me I was a former servicemen. I didn't know about Military Discounts and she said, do you have 2 years or more of active duty? When I said yes, she quoted me the price with the Military discount. I had to scan my discharge and e-mail it to Carnival and about three days later the Carnival rep called me and said everything had gone through and the quoted price was correct. She was very nice and very helpful. It surprised me how large the discount was.

i ve found dealing directly with a cruise line is easiest

setting up a military rate..once ur register d military status

it stay s in their archives for future use..

only recently..all my current cruise s are using the military rate

CCL has the best deal s..i got a great deal on a balcony..paid less

than the guarantee rate and got a 3 category upgrade..

Thanks to all of you for the helpful info.

I can see now that DH and I have lost money by not applying Military discount to our cruises until now.

My DH is a retired AF vet with 22 yrs. and two duties to Viet Nam, so we will take advantage from this time forward.

Thanks again to everyone.

Thanks to all of you for the helpful info.

I can see now that DH and I have lost money by not applying Military discount to our cruises until now.

My DH is a retired AF vet with 22 yrs. and two duties to Viet Nam, so we will take advantage from this time forward.

Thanks again to everyone.

Your very welcome;) Also Cojomay brought up what I failed to mention is that all you need is your DD-214 or documents or Id your Active, Hey with Gas,Groceries,Utilities and God knows what else is going to be dumped on us the consumers we need all the breaks we can get, Id try and Book Early as well!!;) I only book directly through the Cruiseline like deepnite stated!!;) :). May You have calm Seas and blue skys!!

As others have said, the military discount is not available on all sailings and all room categories. However, we have been able to use it on most of our cruises. For our upcoming Oct. cruise, we booked our DD & DSIL through the Friends & Family deal and saved a bundle for all of us. :)

I booked our Conquest '09 sailing back in May the entire month was Friends and Family which means friends and family (up to 3 more cabins I think) could reference our booking and get the discount. My PVP couldn't remember what other month this happens he thought is was either Sept or November. (I'm thinking November for Veteran's Day and May for Memorial Day) Any PVP at Carnival should be able to help you out. We have # 8 & 9 in Spetember with CCL and have always got a militarty discount. GOOD LUCK and happy sailing!:)

We love it that CCL has this discount - we've saved alot and is one of the reasons we stay with CCL. DH is not retired or active and it's the only cruise line that gives you the discount if you're "just" a vet.:D We saved a bundle on our aft-wrap suite on Miracle for next year and have also treated my Mom with the "Friends and Family". We really appreciate that Carnival offers this. It's the reason we were able to upgrade from OV's on other lines to balconys or better on CCL.:)

We too have used the military discount for Carnival, Costa and NCL. It's the best discount available if offered on the cruise you are interested in. Ususally in May (for Memorial Day) and Nov (for Veteran's Day) you are able to book cabins for friends and family traveling with you at the discounted rate also. After you book, be sure to check the rate from time to time (there are some online sites that allow you to do this) and you can may be able to get the rate re-priced if it goes down. We were able to get our cruise last year and also our upcoming one re-priced and saved even more money...either lower price or OBC.

i ve found dealing directly with a cruise line is easiest

setting up a military rate..once ur register d military status

it stay s in their archives for future use..

Just wanted to mention that I've had to send in a copy of my ID card EVERY TIME we've booked through Carnival. :mad: You'd think that after having shown proof of ongoing military service for about 8 years and 9 cruises, that they'd realize that I'm qualified for the discount. :rolleyes: No biggie - I love the discount and am appreciative that they offer it - but I hate having to find a fax machine! :o But we just got a new PVP, so maybe he'll do the math, so to speak...

Carnival, Costa and NCL will give discounts to vets with proof of honorable discharge (DD214) not just to retired veterans. For instance, my DH is a Viet Nam vet, served less than 2 years and we've been able to get discounts on these three cruise lines.

RCCL also offers the military discount for Vets with minimum 2 years active duty, not just for those on active duty or retired. I just got the discount for my upcoming cruise to Bermuda. Wish I had known when I booked my first Glory trip. Know to ask now.

Carnival, Costa and NCL will give discounts to vets with proof of honorable discharge (DD214) not just to retired veterans. For instance, my DH is a Viet Nam vet, served less than 2 years and we've been able to get discounts on these three cruise lines.
I thought that Carnival (at least) was strict on the 2 years active and honorable discharge. I've got a friend who was drafted, 11B in VietNam, and then got an early out when he returned. Total service was just shy of 2 years.

He's asked me before and I thought I was giving him the straight story. But, I'll have to have him check it out if he decides to cruise.

Charlie

Haven't used the military discount yet, but when I asked about it the Carnival rep. said the 2-year minimum time is waived IF service was during a time of "declared" war--which is why Vietnam would qualify with less than 2 years service. Has anyone else been told this?? My stepson enlisted recently, so I'm waiting for the time when he has enough vacation time and service time so we can all take advantage of the mil. discount and friends/family discount.

There are websites out there that sale vacations for travel employees (i.e. airline personel) at rates known as interline rates. The site I use also offers military rates. I called Carnival before booking with this site and the discounted rates on the site matched what I was told by the cruise line itself but also gives the rates of many different lines without having to call them seperately. I'm not sure about the rules for posting links to websites that sale cruises so this post might get deleted although the site I use doesn't seem to compete with the agency at the top of cruise critic. I will say though if you go to google and search for interline rates the site I use should be the first result. ;)

There are websites out there that sale vacations for travel employees (i.e. airline personel) at rates known as interline rates. The site I use also offers military rates. I called Carnival before booking with this site and the discounted rates on the site matched what I was told by the cruise line itself but also gives the rates of many different lines without having to call them seperately. I'm not sure about the rules for posting links to websites that sale cruises so this post might get deleted although the site I use doesn't seem to compete with the agency at the top of cruise critic. I will say though if you go to google and search for interline rates the site I use should be the first result. ;)

Just wanted to mention that I've had to send in a copy of my ID card EVERY TIME we've booked through Carnival. :mad: You'd think that after having shown proof of ongoing military service for about 8 years and 9 cruises, that they'd realize that I'm qualified for the discount. :rolleyes: No biggie - I love the discount and am appreciative that they offer it - but I hate having to find a fax machine! :o But we just got a new PVP, so maybe he'll do the math, so to speak...

Sorry to hear that. My PVP has kept my DH's DD214/military eligibility on file, so we've only had to send it once.

We too have used the military discount for Carnival, Costa and NCL. It's the best discount available if offered on the cruise you are interested in. Ususally in May (for Memorial Day) and Nov (for Veteran's Day) you are able to book cabins for friends and family traveling with you at the discounted rate also. After you book, be sure to check the rate from time to time (there are some online sites that allow you to do this) and you can may be able to get the rate re-priced if it goes down. We were able to get our cruise last year and also our upcoming one re-priced and saved even more money...either lower price or OBC.

can you tell me which site will give you the rates in order to check for reduced prices?

thanks madi

Archived