Military Discounts.... When??

1tuckersmom

Does anyone know when there will be another Military discount offered on Carnival?

I just checked your cruises and military discounts are available for both. If you didn't get the discount you need to call Carnival or your travel agent and see if you can get the discount.

I am also an AF vet with 20 yrs and two tours to Vietnam so we are probably around the same age. While it might seem easier to book thru CCL (I've done it with no snafu's), I've also found you can get extra $$$ knocked off your fare with some promotions. One web site has been offering rebates from $50 to $200 per cabin based on total value of the military discount cruise fare. In effect, you are getting the mil discount and an extra few bucks off and they do it up front so the term "rebate" may not be correct.

The military discount is set by the cruise line, not the TA or the independent cruise web site, i.e., *****. com, Cruise.com, CruisesOnly.com, etc. So you should get the same rate regardless of who you use but you should still shop around. I have used several of these web sites with no problems (and a bottle of wine thrown in) but I usually go for anyone giving an extra few bucks off

Does anyone know if former National guardsmen get the Military discount? My husband served 6 years in National Guard back in the 80's, but was never activated or deployed (except for the yearly training).

thanks vicki

I dont think so...but you can try. Reserve service looks very different on a DD214. It will list your husbands as around 4-5 months which is the average time most reservists spend in training.

My PVP stated the "total active duty" is the column thy look in.

BUT...I would try it anyway.

Archived