Arcadia cruise 21 October 2005

Bob the banker

There was a revolt on the room service charge for breakfast, but it does state in the 2005 brochure that it is included in your fare. Guess what, in the new 2006 brochure it is not stated anymore. So from when the new brochure starts next year I suspect that they may introducte the charge again. Never being lucky enough to have breakfast in bed because hubby likes to lay in it won't really affect me!!!!!! Looking forward to my cruise on Arcadia July 2006.

Elaine

Its been so hot here this past couple of weeks I've had to have my hair all chopped off. It was driving me nuts! Now I feel much cooler.

Have you read some of the reviews on the new Arcadia? Some not so positive comments - especially about the size of the reception area etc. Someone said they looked as though they were an afterthought. I can't understand that as usually the guest services area is the source of a bunch of information. Oh well, we'll see for ourselves soon enough.

I've heard varying reports about the Arcadian Rhodes - some good, some not so good. We may give it a try - just to see for ourselves.

Spoke to our T.A. yesterday and depending on how many people are flying back into Birmingham there will be one coach at 9am and (possibly) another at 10am. This means we would need to leave about 6am - then we'd hit the rush hour. We are thinking of staying over the night before so we are not under pressure the next morning. Its almost as cheap to stay in a hotel with car parking than it is for just the car parking. That would give me an excuse to leave work early - YES!!! Not that I need an excuse.

As far as I know my £10 Daily Express cruise is still on for the 11th July.

There is a website with more info on cruises on the holiday truths website:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=35&sid=dcbd2b7ce4b9b5b1b6b56726daa78608

• 4 weeks later...

I tried today on the P&O website to book my shore excursions without success. It says this will be possible 90 days before departure. Roughly when is that? Has anybody had any luck booked their excursions?

Nice to see that everyone is getting into "cruise mode" Not long to wait now. I have booked a flight from Leeds to Southampton day before we sail. Does anyone have any hotels that they can suggest for the over night stay. Last time I stayed in Southampton I stayed at the Ibis. Ok for one night but not exactly luxury. I fancy staying somewhere a bit better this time. Also as my 19 year old son is coming with me, I seem to think that he would like us to have a night out in Southampton, so a hotel in the centre would be good. I got a bargain flight to Southampton with Flybe. £0.60 each plus tax. I did not fancy the coach from Manchester airport to Southampton. Also by arriving in Southampton day before we get an extra days holiday!!

The Star and The Dolphin are right in the centre of the town. Both old coaching inns and I cannot vouch for their 'luxury' value.

Further out there is the Holiday Inn (southampton), Novotel & Ibis (as you know) - still walkable from the city centre.

The Devere is the 5 star pyramid shaped hotel on/near the water front - again within walking distance of city centre.

Jurys Inn is the newest - possibly a bit further out & furthest from the sea front.

There is also the Travel Inn - again in the centre - apparently it has a fifth floor restaurant where you can look out over the skyline of southampton.

I've not stayed in any of them so cannot vouch for them - but have a look at

http://visit-southampton.co.uk/wheretostaymenu.shtml?openMenu=m1 then click on "Search for Accommodation"

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/

Hope you find somewhere & enjoy your cruise

Karen

I've tried again today through the Cruise Personaliser to book my excursions and it is still saying they are availabel 90 days before the cruise.

Has anybody actually booked excursions for this trip on line? If so, what route did you go through?

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody else get their shore excursion today. I have booked the Antigua by ATV trip and also the Rhino Rider Snorkel Experience in St Maarten. I booked them online today because the website said there were less than 10 spaces left. The other trips I have to go through with my husband tonight. Because we have so much onboard credit I also rang up about the Delux Occasion Package but this couldn't be added to your onboard account so I will book that when I get onboard.

Its getting exciting now.

Hi Everyone

I have just changed my hotel booking at Jurys hotel in Southampton. They have a special offer room rate of £39.00 for the 20th October. So if anyone needs a room in Southampton the night before we sail log onto www.jurysdoyle.com

The Jurys hotel looks really nice and is quite central for the docks. I tried getting in for September 19th and it was quoting £130 per room. Must have something to do with supply and demand!! It's the Southampton boat show!!!

Elaine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived