Earliest Acceptable Flight from Long Beach

gargoyle999

I have a cruise on Princess Sapphire returning Dec 6th to port in San Pedro. What is the earliest departure flight time you would be comfortable with from the Long Beach airport? The cruise itinerary shows it getting back at 6am.

I have a flight on Delta and they keep changing the departure time! I would like to find out what time is the cut off where I would need to tell Delta it just won't work. Currently it is at 11:15a. Is this ok? I've never sailed on Princess, have never been to Long Beach, have never flown on Delta so a lot of firsts on this one.

I have a cruise on Princess Sapphire returning Dec 6th to port in San Pedro. What is the earliest departure flight time you would be comfortable with from the Long Beach airport? The cruise itinerary shows it getting back at 6am.

I have a flight on Delta and they keep changing the departure time! I would like to find out what time is the cut off where I would need to tell Delta it just won't work. Currently it is at 11:15a. Is this ok? I've never sailed on Princess, have never been to Long Beach, have never flown on Delta so a lot of firsts on this one.

I think you'll be fine. On a Saturday morning the traffic won't be that bad and you'll have a carpool lane option, too (you plus a cabbie would qualify). Long Beach airport is about 14 miles from the port, and it only has about 45 flights daily, so it's easy to get checked in and through security (I always have carry on luggage, so I don't know how long it takes to check a bag, but I suspect not very).

Your only risk is that immirgration will be a pain when you get back into San Pedro - a crew inspection or other issue could delay disembarkation. But even if you're off the ship (and through immigration) by 9:30, you'll be at the airport 30 minutes later, which I think is easy to do.

To be safe, pack so that you can carry off all your own luggage and do the early disembarkation, if it's offered.

Are you sure you're scheduled for Long Beach? Delta stopped flying out of LGB quite some time ago. Could it be on ExpressJet? I think that they will stop most service in the Fall (September?). I could be way off, but... I would check with Delta about the flight schedules for December into LGB.

Are you sure you're scheduled for Long Beach? Delta stopped flying out of LGB quite some time ago. Could it be on ExpressJet? I think that they will stop most service in the Fall (September?). I could be way off, but... I would check with Delta about the flight schedules for December into LGB.

Well I booked it on Delta.com but it says the flights are operated by Skywest Airlines and ExpressJet. Though after your post I looked up ExpressJet and see you are correct. Wiki says no more Delta connection flights after Sept 1st! Ummm...

My reservation online still shows I have a flight. Good news is ExpressJet is only the departure flight from Long Beach to Salt Lake City. Rest of the flights are Skywest. I could live with getting stuck in CA in December vs coming back to MN! :D Time to make a phone call...thanks for the heads up!

Update: Called Delta reservations. Explained my flight in Dec is on ExpressJet and after Sept they won't be flying for Delta. Told to "not worry about it." Guess time will tell...

Archived