Dream - best cabins to book??

Nikolle2

This is only our 2nd cruise (and I'm new to the boards,... they are SO helpful but so much info is rather overwhelming, so forgive me if this has been asked).

We're planning to cruise October 5-12. We've only cruised RC (LA-Mexico) and it was only 4 nights. We didn't experience sea sickness, but I have some concerns about the waters for this cruise.

What is the best room to book? We're thinking category CC (Superior Oceanview) on the International Deck. Is this a good choice? We're not sure we want to spring for a balcony.

This is a cruise to celebrate our first anniversary - I really want a decent cabin at a decent price with the least amount of motion.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!! :)

Go for the balcony . . . you'll be glad you did. We had a deck four ocean view cabin on the Dream--that's all that was left when we booked. We made friends with a couple who had a balcony. That was a very nice stateroom. Our cabin had portholes, which actually made great framing for some very nice photographs. Avoid the promenade deck, because people walking on it can see into your oceanview cabin if your curtains are drawn.

I have disagree with Carnac767 and say book the CC. These rooms are the same size (or larger) than the balconies without the ridiculous price. They're 176 sq feet, with a nice sitting area w/ a small sofa, two chairs, a coffee table and a floor-to-ceiling window for a fantastic view. We were in cabin 9007 and thought it was great. The bathroom is tiny, but that is the case with all cabins that aren't suites.

Oh, and the CC has some suite privledges (somewhere between a mini-suite and a suite on a newer ship), including concierge, a bottle of champagne in your room, etc.

If you were to opt for the balcony avoid the ones in between the lifeboats. They jut out over the promenade deck and never get any sun.

But I think the CC has a lot of "bang for the buck".

Cube

We had a CC on the Dream and agree it's a great space for the price. These cabins don't have a refrigerator but you can request one, if it's a necessity. We enjoyed the larger cabin and sitting area by the window. In fact, the window ledge made a great place to store some of our belongings.

We just returned from

the Dream7/06/2008 and we had two rooms booked and were very pleased... cc9023, cc9024 superior oceanview cabins with a sitting area couch two chairs. floor to ceiling window. My two daughters had two twin beds and my granddaughter slept on the couch that opened to a bed. Our room had a kingsize bed. Both rooms had refrigerators. Our room also had an extra closet. My children's room had only one closet. Bathrooms small but we liked our :) location. We thought it was well worth the extra money...

All of the info was helpful, thanks everyone...

I'm glad SOMEONE at NCL rectified the fridge issue... I've read some very mixed reviews of the Dream. Since we're not seasoned cruisers, we don't have much to compare to so I'm not too concerned that we'll be overly disappointed. We want a decent cabin, clean space/ good view, minimal motion, some fun times and we'll spend a lot of time on the Island in Bermuda (and to the pp, yep, the Dream is still cruising Boston - Bermuda in Oct).

Thanks for all of the insight! We've decided on a Superior Oceanview (CC) cabin.

Enjoy your cruise. We sailed in the middle of June. We had a balcony and loved it . We docked in Hamilton so we had to change our plans a little bit. We did not let this "ruin" our trip. Got stuck between two floors on the elevator(not a big fan of these) had to call for help. I did not let this incident "ruin" my cruise.

We had such a great time we are actually thinking of taking this cruise again this October. Go with a positive attitude and you will definetly have a great time.

Don't let the whiners on this board change your mind.

I say book the CC. These rooms are the same size (or larger) than the balconies without the ridiculous price. They're 176 sq feet, with a nice sitting area w/ a small sofa, two chairs, a coffee table and a floor-to-ceiling window for a fantastic view. We were in cabin 9007 and thought it was great. The bathroom is tiny, but that is the case with all cabins that aren't suites.

But I think the CC has a lot of "bang for the buck".

Cube

I agree.

Our first cruise on the (then) Dreamward we were on Promenade, man was that weird. People walking by, looking in, fixing their hair in the window. Too funny.

In 2005 we had a CC (Cabin 9006) - loved it. That picture window was awesome and a short walk down the hall and up the stairs and we were on deck.

For our next cruise we booked late and took an F on deck 4 with 2 portholes :eek: :D I can't wait to see how this works out!!

I was advised to book a lower deck mid-ship when going out in the Atlantic. We did this and booked Cat. E, deck 5, mid-ship and it was like gliding on ice.

Glad to hear that. We booked one as well for the same reason. The waters of the Atlantic can be a bit rough in October. :)

We have a Superior OV on the International Deck in September (9213). It's below the Stardust Lounge, but I don't think it's directly below the stage. Anyway, I have every intention of giving a lengthy review when I get home.

I found norway deck best as elevators forward aft and midship are handy to get around on. also midship has the least motion. I hope you enjoy the dream as she is here short term and soon will be just a fond memory.at least for some of us.

Thanks for the info!! We can't wait to go to Bermuda and stay there a few days. We've previously been on cruises that only stayed for the day. Our December cruise on the Explorer sailed through some outrageously rough weather, so waves won't bother us at all. Can't wait to go! :D

0206&0207 will have a real nice view. you may feel the waves a little more. you can go down to deck 9 to avoid the theater when in use.

This is only our 2nd cruise (and I'm new to the boards,... they are SO helpful but so much info is rather overwhelming, so forgive me if this has been asked).

We're planning to cruise October 5-12. We've only cruised RC (LA-Mexico) and it was only 4 nights. We didn't experience sea sickness, but I have some concerns about the waters for this cruise.

What is the best room to book? We're thinking category CC (Superior Oceanview) on the International Deck. Is this a good choice? We're not sure we want to spring for a balcony.

This is a cruise to celebrate our first anniversary - I really want a decent cabin at a decent price with the least amount of motion.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!! :)

For the least amount of rocking the boat, the lower the better. BUT if you want to be higher than just get as mid ship as you can!

Avoid the promenade deck, because people walking on it can see into your oceanview cabin if your curtains are drawn.

If you want privacy, then draw the drapes. Our first cruise was on the Dream and we have nothing but fond memories of that ship and crew. I hate to see her leaving the fleet. As far as ship movement, we were fwd portside and after a short spell of feeling sea sick, we became accustom to the sway and the rest was a great trip. I hope you enjoy her too. .....rrh

For my cruise coming up all it says is 7100?? Is that my cabin and where can I see it?

Did you choose a category and state room? Or did you just choose a category with a guarantee? I don't see stateroom 7100 on the Dream...

A catagory with a guarentee...I guess I dont really know what that means...:( They did say I had a free upgrade coming...does that make sense also??

I'm not sure,... others on here would probably know much better than I would. However, I know with a guarantee that means the cruise line guarantees you will have the booked category OR better... but no guarantee that it definitely will be upgraded. It's a crap shoot,.. you could pay a little less to take a guarantee but you could end up in a cabin location that might not be desirable. Or, you could end up with an upgrade to a better cabin than you paid for.

You may have booked with one of the NCL specials where they were offering free upgrades (pay for category xx and get upgraded to category yy for free)... but I'm not sure where cabin 7100 is. I can't find that one on the deck plan. Sorry!

Archived