Barcelona

bazin

We stayed at the NH Duc dela Victoria, just off Las Ramblas. Very nice hotel with an amazing breakfast. Sign up for their rewards program and you can use the credits for the stay to save some money. Aslo we pre arranged transportation before we got there so we didn't have to deal with cabbies.

You may also want to visit the PORTS OF CALL messages boards. Click on BOARDS at the top left of this page, and then click on PORTS OF CALL. You should also visit the roll call for your cruise while over there as well. Click on ROLL CALLS and find your ship.

PS - it is spelled Barcelona

Just back from Barcelona yesterday and from my cruise....

We stayed 1 day before and 1 after in the Renaissance Barcelona Airport....we had special prices because a very good friend of us work for the Marriot Group....

The Hotel is 2 minutes from the Airport by car and has a shuttle(free) every 15 minutes Airport-Hotel and Hotel-Airport....it is not noisy as you might think...the service is very good....the hotel very modern....the rooms with a very good size and big baths...

The hotel has also a shuttle I think 2 times per day to go and two to come back from Praca de Espana to the Hotel(free) which is 15 minutes....

And the way to the port which is 15 minutes either is good to use the shuttle of the hotel(that one you have to sign up in the escursions desk) that is 10 EUROS per person and goes to the port 3 times and when you come back there are 3 times either(the back ones I remember because It was 2 days ago- 8:00 am; 8:45; 9:30)

Hope that will help you and ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

If you have any question abou the ports of call what are they??I did a 12 night Brilliance but some can be the same(we met Navigator in Santorini for an example):)

Moderate range - Hotel Regencia Colon. It is a sister property, and right next to, the much more expensive Hotel Colon. I would but it in the same range as a typical Best Western property. Great location in the Gothic Quarter, right at the plaza for the cathedral (note: this is not the well known Gaudi cathedral). Got a double there on Expedia for 70 euros last fall.

We stayed in the hotel montecarlo on las ramblas and the hotel neri (boutique hotel) in the gothic section last month. We paid a little extra for an upgraded room at the Montecarlo and it was huge and very well appointed - sitting area, huge bedroom, comfortable (firm) bed, huge marble bath with separate whirlpool bath and very large shower. The price was still very reasonable. Great location. The neri was VERY nice, and it was nice to stay in two different areas pre- and post-cruise, but was quite a bit more expensive. Plus, the Montecarlo rooms were available right after our flight (but of course that may not always be the case). The neri wasn't able to check us in early.

Hello Russ

We are on the same sailing as you,and have booked the Apsis Atrium Palace for one night pre cruise.This hotel was recommended on this board by several people who seemed very happy with their choice,I understand it is a short distance from Las Ramblas.

We stayed at La Meridian (a Starwood Hotel) right off Las Ramblas....great rooms, close enough to walk down to the port area and a fabulous breakfast buffet (ours was included in the price of the room). The bathroom was all marble and even though Las Ramblas was just around the corner it was so nice and quiet. Hope you have a great time!!!

Just back from Barcelona yesterday and from my cruise....

We stayed 1 day before and 1 after in the Renaissance Barcelona Airport....we had special prices because a very good friend of us work for the Marriot Group....

The Hotel is 2 minutes from the Airport by car and has a shuttle(free) every 15 minutes Airport-Hotel and Hotel-Airport....it is not noisy as you might think...the service is very good....the hotel very modern....the rooms with a very good size and big baths...

The hotel has also a shuttle I think 2 times per day to go and two to come back from Praca de Espana to the Hotel(free) which is 15 minutes....

And the way to the port which is 15 minutes either is good to use the shuttle of the hotel(that one you have to sign up in the escursions desk) that is 10 EUROS per person and goes to the port 3 times and when you come back there are 3 times either(the back ones I remember because It was 2 days ago- 8:00 am; 8:45; 9:30)

Hope that will help you and ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

If you have any question abou the ports of call what are they??I did a 12 night Brilliance but some can be the same(we met Navigator in Santorini for an example):)

We stayed here one night pre/post, its not a bad hotel, not really close to anything (there are NO restaurants even remotely close). We also stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete, which we enjoyed. The hotel was within walking distance to many restaurants, main subway lines, and its at the top of La Ramblas. It was a great location! We used their 24 hr. "buffet" for bottled water and soda (most of the food was..interesting). I would stay either place again.

We stayed here one night pre/post, its not a bad hotel, not really close to anything (there are NO restaurants even remotely close). We also stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete, which we enjoyed. The hotel was within walking distance to many restaurants, main subway lines, and its at the top of La Ramblas. It was a great location! We used their 24 hr. "buffet" for bottled water and soda (most of the food was..interesting). I would stay either place again.

We also stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete in Nov '06 before our TA cruise on the Voyager. I concur with Jen and would stay there again. Several from our CC Roll Call also stayed there.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/home_palacete.htm

We also stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete in Nov '06 before our TA cruise on the Voyager. I concur with Jen and would stay there again. Several from our CC Roll Call also stayed there.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/home_palacete.htm

I'm certainly glad to hear the good feedback on the Continental Palacete, we are staying there 3 nights in January.

We spent two nights at the Principal Hotel a couple of blocks off Las Ramblas. We loved the hotel and had a fabulous balcony that faced into a courtyard and alley where we could enjoy Barcelona residents in their apartments. we enjoyed lovely music, laundry hanging out of windows, childen at play, etc., etc.. Would stay there again without hesitation.

www.hotelprincipalbarcelona.com

Beth

Last year, we stayed in Barcelona (post cruise) at the N10 Universitat. It's classified as a 3* property, but was clean and well maintained. Could not beat the location, just off Las Ramblas and a short walk to everything!

Archived