Priority Debarkation with Princess Excursion?

gargoyle999

If you book an excursion through Princess do you get priority debarkation at the port? In particular I'm thinking of booking a short excursion though Princess in Cabo since it is tender and a shorter stay.

What are your opinions in general with debarkation process on Princess for a Mexican Riviera cruise? Is it a struggle to get off right away if you don't book through Princess?

If you book an excursion through Princess do you get priority debarkation at the port? In particular I'm thinking of booking a short excursion though Princess in Cabo since it is tender and a shorter stay.

What are your opinions in general with debarkation process on Princess for a Mexican Riviera cruise? Is it a struggle to get off right away if you don't book through Princess?

Yes if you are on a Princess excursion you do get off first. In my opinion it really is not a struggle if you do not have a Princess excursion. They will explain in the princess Patter(newsletter) when and where you meet to get off of the ship. I think you go to the theatre to pick up a tender ticket which is usually first come first serve and just wait until one of the staff tells you you can go. Now this is for excursions that are not ship sponsored. Maybe someone else can add to this.

Marilyn

Yes......

It depends on the time of the excursion.

I think Cabo is the only place you will encounter a delay and it is usually getting back on if the ship leaves at 2pm.

There is always a long line.

Princess will have you meet in one of the lounges for their shore excursions. They will then take each shore excursion as a group to the tender. If there is space remaning on a tender, that space is filled first with people in suites and elite members of the Captain's Circle. Finally, any remaining seats are filled by other passengers in the order they picked up tender tickets.

What about coming back to the ship? Is there a priority system or just first come first served?

Frist come first serve. Just allow plenty of time.

Marilyn

I think Cabo is the only place you will encounter a delay and it is usually getting back on if the ship leaves at 2pm.

There is always a long line.

Boy, is that an understatement!! We got back to the launch area around 1245 and I'll bet the line was easily 1500ft long.

It was actually closer to 3pm before The Golden was able to sail.

Mike:)

Boy, is that an understatement!! We got back to the launch area around 1245 and I'll bet the line was easily 1500ft long.

It was actually closer to 3pm before The Golden was able to sail.

Mike:)

Ouch! Guess we should plan to get in line around noon then???

I should have added that it also depends on how many tenders princess lowers into the water. i have been to tender ports where maybe 2 tenders were in use and then the huge lines start building up at the port so then they lower more tenders to take care of the lines. Cabo is notorious for that. Also Sitka, Alaska.

Marilyn

Anyone know why Princess only stays in Cabo until 2? With the added hassle of the tender it's going to make for a very short stay. Maybe 4 hours from getting off until getting back in line to return it seems like.

While I have never sailed w/princess in the past, with every other line I've sailed I've experienced total madness and crowds with all debarkations. This is even when we had suites booked and thought we might be entitled to some perks. Even with this in mind, I didn't let it ruin my cruises or excursions. Just leave yourself plenty of time.

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I'm concerned about tender ports on the Canada/NE itinerary, specifically whether or not we'll have enough time on private excursions. Anyone have any experience with Bar Harbor or Newport?

I'm concerned about tender ports on the Canada/NE itinerary, specifically whether or not we'll have enough time on private excursions. Anyone have any experience with Bar Harbor or Newport?

I can speak for Bar harbor and have never had a problem at that port. They allow plenty of time and we have done private excursions from that port and had virtually no problem. The independents are well aware of the schedule as they can see the ship out on the bay so they know and can see when the tenders are lowered in the water and bringing people to shore.

Marilyn

Anyone know why Princess only stays in Cabo until 2? With the added hassle of the tender it's going to make for a very short stay. Maybe 4 hours from getting off until getting back in line to return it seems like.

When some of the Panama cruises come up or down the Mex Riv they will arrive there at 1200 and stay until 6pm.

I know it does not really make sense but I am sure it has to do with the time they leave PV/Mazatlan. :)

Archived