Booking with online company other than cruise line

I'm afraid that you'll not get much of an answer with this question. People are usually nervous about this:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm

There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

We cant mention names of agencies, so not sure exactly how much info we can provide.

I would suggest asking about their policy on price drops before and after final payment. Find out if they charge for cancellations.

Try to find a co worker or friend that has used and had a good experience with an agency if you want to go that route.

Good Luck

The policy for this website is you can mention any cruise agency by name. However, there are several cruise agencies listed on this website. I have use two of the ones listed. Each time I had good ta. They listen to me on what dates and ships that I was intrested in and work to get me a great deal. In fact, the one that I used for my upcoming cruise was able to save me over $700!!

I shop around myself online prior to check out rates before contacting an online agent. But like I stated, nothing but positive results.

Happy sailing!!

Second time around and my 40th birthday cruise on the

MAASDAM!!!

10/24/08-11/07/08

Fascination--the one that started it all!! 3 day cruise 2001

M/S Columbia--back to back Alaskan Inside passage cruise 2002

Oosterdam --7 day Western Caribbean cruise 2004

Westerdam --- 7 day Western Caribbean cruise 2005

Miracle--7 day Exotic Caribbean cruise 2006

Maasdam--10 day Southern Caribbean cruise 2007

Maasdam--- 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise 2008

2009?? I don't know yet!!!!

I've been very happy with the online agency I use for most of my cruises. While their rates are about the same as on the Carnival website, they offer great perks...like free travel insurance (3rd party), free pre-paid gratuities, OBC and the like.

Sometimes I'll find the need to book with Carnival directly due to Platinum perks or other such things but usually the online agency is fine.

Prior to using them, however, I did my research very carefully, check out their creds with CLIA, checked the reviews of others who have used them, called a couple of times with questions, etc. I compared them several times with others online as to pricing, inclusions and read their terms and conditions very carefully. They've never been anything but terrific.....oh, and they usually send a nice canvas tote bag to me before the cruise, too......

Archived