Spirit Class Stateroom Advice Needed

Sailfish

I need some stateroom advice concerning the Pride. Besides suites (which are out of the question) which cabins are the most desirable and the best value when it comes to those with a balcony. I would also appreciate a link to a good website where I can see cabins and their categories. I have yet to find a good site where I can see a color coded grid of cabin categories.

We are about to book a 2006 sailing on the Pride and would love to get some feedback as to what would be our best option. With Royal Caribbean, we frequently book an aft balcony, but I have no idea if Carnival's aft balconies have larger than normal balconies or if their staterooms are best elsewhere.

Thanks for your help.

Travelocity is a great site to use for deck layouts and cabins, with color codes. It will also show you what is available. I look there and then book with a differant on-line agency.

We like aft balcony's on Royal also. I am on the PRide next feb. and have been researching cabins. It looks like cat 11, aft has the great balcony. There are "extended" balconys on the aft, but nothing like the size of the aft balcony's on Royals ships.

Carnival's brochure is good for deck layout, although Its very small print. (or my eyes are getting bad)

oops, you said besides suites. sorry. it looks to me like all the balcony staterooms are the same size, just on differant levels. There are a few cabins around the aft elevators that have some long balcony's. check those out.

Were on the Pride last October for the Mexico cruise. We were on the Veranda deck in cabin 7215, which had the extended balcony. It was close to the elevators, but not too close. It was in the middle of the ship. It was our first cruise, and I had understood that this was where we wanted to be if we were concerned about seasickness (it wasn't a problem at all, anywhere on the ship, thankfully).

I felt the cabin location was perfect for us!

I sailed the Pride this past May. We had an aft cabin with a wraparound balcony. Our cabin was 245 sq ft and our glorious balcony was 220 sq ft. There is a link in my signature to pictures from the cruise. Not all of the aft wraparounds have rooms that include a separate bedroom. I believe Upper and Empress decks do not have the separate bedroom. But they all have a large balcony. I've heard the higher up you go, the less of an overhang you have on the balcony. We were on the main deck on the Pride and had a very large overhang. When we sail the Spirit, we booked another aft wraparound, but this time on the Verandah deck. We don't want the large overhang, we want more sun. :)

A co-worker had one of the aft balconey cabins on the Pride and she mentioned that the privacy wasn't that good because people looking down from decks above had a partial view of her balconey. I just returned from a cruise on the Pride and I decided to see for myself. I tried looking down from the Lido deck and it was true that you could see people standing at their balconey railing but once they stepped away, they were hidden from view.

We just got off the Spirit and had an aft balcony - 6333. It's an extended balcony, but it's not a large balcony. The aft's on RCCL are larger. We were able to have one lounge chair and two white plastic chairs with a small table and it was crowded. Very little privacy, also. The overhang is only about 18". Would we book an aft on the Spirit class again? Yes, in a heartbeat! We love the afts!

When I sail on the Miracle again, I will probably book one of these rooms (in order of preference): 6234, 6232, 6281 7260, 7258, 7303, 8234, 8232, and 8239. All of these have a balcony that is at least as long as the room. In other words, where normal rooms have a balcony that is 9X4, these rooms have a balcony that is (in my estimation) 25X4 or longer.

They show close to the elevators on the floor plans, but the rooms are actually behind a wall so noise is not a problem at all.

Archived