C&A diamond benefits...

Will be on FOS next month - our fifth RCCL cruise but our first time back since an EOS cruise some seven years ago. Since being on EOS, there have been lots of changes to C&A benefits and trying to keep track of them is a bit overwhelming. (RCCL benefits are significantly better that those offered by Captains Club on sister line, Celebrity, on which we are Elite.) We made sure to get the diamond discount when we booked our cabins, but if anyone has the time or the inclination, we would love to know what other not to be missed diamond benefits we should take advantage of while on our cruise. Besides the coupon book (about which we've heard both good and bad) and the lounge (cocktails and specialty coffees, the big plus?), what else does diamond status provide? Thanks!

Will be on FOS next month - our fifth RCCL cruise but our first time back since an EOS cruise some seven years ago. Since being on EOS, there have been lots of changes to C&A benefits and trying to keep track of them is a bit overwhelming. (RCCL benefits are significantly better that those offered by Captains Club on sister line, Celebrity, on which we are Elite.) We made sure to get the diamond discount when we booked our cabins, but if anyone has the time or the inclination, we would love to know what other not to be missed diamond benefits we should take advantage of while on our cruise. Besides the coupon book (about which we've heard both good and bad) and the lounge (cocktails and specialty coffees, the big plus?), what else does diamond status provide? Thanks!

Following are the Crown & Anchor benefits directly from the RCCL site: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000OIWrP-VKl-enwjW93ymSP0O:12hdhu87a?cS=NAVBAR

Diamond Benefits for YOU!! :)

Balcony Discounts:

3-4 Night Cruises: $100

5-9 Night Cruises: $200

10+ Night Cruises: $300

Access to Diamond Lounge on Freedom, Liberty, and Independence of the Seas**

Access to Concierge Lounge on ALL Radiance and Voyager Class, as well as Enchantment of the Seas.**

**Here, you get complimentary drinks and evening snacks, as well as morning pastries and coffee. During the day, you have complimentary expresso and coffee machines available to you 24/7. Also, you have a "concierge" who helps you set up in-room parties, gets you ice show tickets, make specialty restaurant reservations, gives you priority tender tickets, makes future cruise reservations for you, makes spa/shore excursion reservations for you, and is there to help you with any other needs.

Priority waitlist for sold out shore excursions and dining seating preference.

MUCH better Diamond Coupon Booklet

An exclusive Platinum, Diamond, and Diamond Plus Party

Chocolate Covered Strawberries delivered to your stateroom

Diamond Lapel Pin from C&A Society (you have to call and ask for the Diamond Welcome Kit to be sent to you via mail)

Priority boarding and departure from ship

Departure Lounge with juices, coffee, and pastries

Robes for use while onboard

That's all I can think of as of now, but I will continue to add as I think of them.

Hope this helps!!

As Diamond members, we have never received any upgraded bathroom amenities. I believe that those are for suite passengers.

It seems to be hit & miss with the upgraded bath products.. my 1st cruise as diamond was in a JS on Enchantment..no upgraded products..when I asked I was told only D+ get's them.. on Mariner in an E2 cabin got the little bottles, same on AOS in May in a D2 cabin had the bottles.. I have enough bottles now..:D

As Diamond members, we have never received any upgraded bathroom amenities. I believe that those are for suite passengers.

Just ask!

If they aren't in my cabin when I arrive, I ask. I have never been refused.

:)

You should get upgraded bathroom amenities, in little bottles not the dispenser soap in the wall

We were told that they are now for D+ pax as well as suite guests, but as Carol said........if you ask and I would add a smile...............I'm sure your cabin attendant will fill your request.

We were told that they are now for D+ pax as well as suite guests, but as Carol said........if you ask and I would add a smile...............I'm sure your cabin attendant will fill your request.

I do *everything* with a smile! ;) :) :D

I know it is silly... but I just love the smell of the Explorae lotion. I keep a small bottle at work and just a sniff of it takes me back to my cruise when I need it.

I love the lotion.............I always ask the cabin steward for extra(and tell him he doesnt have to bother with any of the others)..

Treat the staff and crew with respect as human beings not as servant/slaves. Taking 2 minutes to ask where they are from, if they have family there, when their tour is over, how long they have been with RCI, etc. Saying hello with a smile everytime you see them.

And, as has been said before, a thank you for any extras they do for you.

I thought they were going to phase out the Explorae in lieu of the Vitality line... which I think does not smell near as nice. I hope I am wrong and they continue it.

You're right...........It is Vitality(which is just as good to me)

I know it is silly... but I just love the smell of the Explorae lotion. I keep a small bottle at work and just a sniff of it takes me back to my cruise when I need it.

Lucky for us "snorting" Explorae lotion isn't illegal!:D

Treat the staff and crew with respect as human beings not as servant/slaves. Taking 2 minutes to ask where they are from, if they have family there, when their tour is over, how long they have been with RCI, etc. Saying hello with a smile everytime you see them.

And, as has been said before, a thank you for any extras they do for you.

WELL SAID.

Archived