Dining options on Galaxy for first time cruiser who is confused

starvingartist

Hello all

Some posters on Fodors suggested I ask my questions here regarding our dining options on Galaxy. My husband and I are cruising to the Greek isles and turkey mid october. The cruise will be docked late at two ports - mykonos and istanbul so we will enjoy dinners there. We also have signed up for early (main dining) for 6:15 . I am unclear on a number of things and hope you can help.

If I want to have a table for two at the main dining room do I need to make a reservation in advance?

Are there only two restaurants - main dining room and Oasis grill? Are there other options? Is there a buffet for dinner?

From the Celebrity website, it looks like the casual restaurant for dinner is the Oasis? Is that the only one? Do I need to go at 6:15 or is it free style dining? Are reservations needed.

I've read there is a sushi restaurant. Is that part of the Oasis restaurant?

There seems to be so many lounges and bars....Is food served here too?

I am the type of traveller that likes to get as much info as possible before travelling...It makes like easier.

I appreciate your help and hope in the future I can be of assistance

thanks again

Hello all

Some posters on Fodors suggested I ask my questions here regarding our dining options on Galaxy. My husband and I are cruising to the Greek isles and turkey mid october. The cruise will be docked late at two ports - mykonos and istanbul so we will enjoy dinners there. We also have signed up for early (main dining) for 6:15 . I am unclear on a number of things and hope you can help.

If I want to have a table for two at the main dining room do I need to make a reservation in advance?

Are there only two restaurants - main dining room and Oasis grill? Are there other options? Is there a buffet for dinner?

From the Celebrity website, it looks like the casual restaurant for dinner is the Oasis? Is that the only one? Do I need to go at 6:15 or is it free style dining? Are reservations needed.

I've read there is a sushi restaurant. Is that part of the Oasis restaurant?

There seems to be so many lounges and bars....Is food served here too?

I am the type of traveller that likes to get as much info as possible before travelling...It makes like easier.

I appreciate your help and hope in the future I can be of assistance

thanks again

There are basically two main options for dining, the main dining room and the casual dining in the back of the buffet area. You may be able to get a table for two but they are at a minimum. I would have your TA check, if not try and see the maitre d when you get on board. The casual dining is not a buffet, it is menu driven although not the same as the main dining room. It costs $2.00 per person and reservations are requested but not alway necessary. There is sushi, pizza, and a grill available at various times. Celebrity does not have a buffet for dinner. Also, the regular dining room menu is available from room service during regular dining room hours. Most of the bars and lounges do not serve food.

The main dining room has assigned seating. Usually when you book the cruise, you give your table size preference. If you haven't done so, do this as soon as possible. As previously stated, if you don't get a table for 2, see the maitre'd about switching tables.

They do request reservations for the casual dining option, but they can be made up until about 5 pm or so on the same day. However, if they are not full, they can take walk ups. The times that the casual dining is open will be listed in your daily.

Your daily will have a pull out page listing all the activities for that day as well as a column with the dining hours (food availability) throughout the day. Take that with you during the day.

There is no general buffet. The Oasis is a buffet area for lunch and breakfast but for dinner it is the sit down casual dining.

With that said there is a limited buffet. There is a pizza station, pasta station, sushi station (with stir fry on some ships) and salad bar which are all more or less buffet style. These are open in the evening with some areas open very late.

This was my experience on past cruises on Galaxy and other ships. I have heard that there might be some changes and expanded offering coming in the future - so all that might change.

Archived