And the name is...

caribbeanboy

Nay - both names have been nabbed by Princess cruise line.

How about Norwegian Gold and Silver?

But a lot of cruise ships have the 'same' name

Jewel OTS/Norwegian Jewel

Freedom OTS/Carnival Freedom

Liberty OTS/Carnival Liberty

Norwegian Sun/Sun Princess

Majesty OTS/Norwegian Majesty

Legend OTS/Carnival Legend

Splendour OTS/Carnival Splendor

Norwegian Spirit/Carnival Spirit

Here are some ideas I got:

Norwegian World & Norwegian Universe (since they are huge ships)

Norwegian Style & Norwegian Groove (since they seem to want to attract a younger trendy crowd)

I would also like those name but I don't think they would be interested to stop name all their ship Norwegian Something:

Lady New York & Lady Tokyo (because the ships will be cities in themselves), that would give the opportunity to build many other ships with the same pattern of names.

Norwegian Nickel and

Norwegian Dime

Cheers

Dennis

Won't work Dennis. We've got a few board members who feel that "freestyle" means all included (see any of the 'nothing FREE about freestyle' threads), nothing should be additional. With those names they'll think a cruise should be 5 or 10 cents

Or Norwegian Swizzle for one of the F3 ships?

:D :D

I love SWIZZLE! (SWIZZLE & SWAGGER) I don't think it would go over too big, but the thought was there:D

Maybe they'll have a contest like RCL and pick really bad names..........like RCL did.

Wait..I got it The Norweigan Hot Dog and the Norweigan Popcorn.......

Yep, that name's worthy of a big ship ;) (seriously, I'd like one of 'em named "NORWAY")

To expand on your idea Norway would be great. I guess it would have to be Norway II . Seaward and Sunward were nice also.

Nick

Norwegian Larimar----one of the newest and rarest gemstones to be discovered & acclaimed in the world.

Norwegian Precious----as in all the precious jewels in NCL's fleet.

Anybody on this board familiar with "Ellensburg Blues"?

http://users.techline.com/debadoo/html/ellensburg_blue_agate.html

So maybe Norwegian Blue isn't out of the realm

I am going to wait for the name-the-ship-contest before I tell my choices...oh wait, I will probably just come close. Oh well, I think the names have to be something totally different, innovative, big and meaningful.

I can hear the words roll off Colin’s lips in his cute accent:

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you our first F3 ship The Norwegian Aura! The aura is a brilliant spiritual atmosphere made up of many energy fields: these patterns of energy vibrate at interwoven frequencies and intensities. The Norwegian Aura will comprise, surround and interpenetrate your mind, body and spirit through several layers of consciousness. Simply put, The Norwegian Aura will enhance all your senses through her innovative cabin design and bedding, fantastic dining options, choices of nightclubs and day-clubs, even kid-clubs, activities at all times, NCL U courses, select spa treatments, while still sailing exotic ports-of-call.

In mythology, Aura was a Titan Goddess. The new F3 size demonstrates her prowess to leave the competition behind. In other times, the aurai were nymphs of the breezes…daughters of the river that circled the earth. In modern time, the Norwegian Aura is represented by the NCL lone fish…swimming forward while the competitive fish swim backwards. In a few months we will reveal Aura’s sister ship, The Luminar. The Luminar, like the Aura, will brilliantly shine the way to cruising in the 21st century…”

hahaha…if they do not go all out with something new/innovative/different as The Aura and The Luminar, then my next guesses are boring ones: the The Onyx and The Opal.

coka

I've always wanted to see a Norwegian Cloud and Norwegian Moon to go along with the Sun, Star, Sky, Wind, Sea, and Dawn. Of course since these are a completely different class of ships I expect there will be a brand new theme that isn't weather or cosmic or jewels.

Please, please let us finally have a Norwegian Wood.

Yoko Ono could serve as godmother.

Almost there. I used to like the wood clad station wagons in the 50s & 60s. So the name is.....

NORWEGIAN WOODY

A really big ship!!!:eek:

I could imagine seeing names along the line of Norwegian Surf, Norwegian Wind, and Norwegian Sea. Possibly even Norwegian Crown and other names coppied from Princess. (All the companies are copying eachother, so who knows)

But, for F3, I can imagine something like...

Norwegian Horizon (vastness. Also, the name is no longer taken by any line), Norwegian Transcendance (Seems to long, though), Norwegian Lumination or Illumination (Also seems to long). I also like Norwegian Extasea and Norwegian Odysea (I think the intended misspellings make them look classier).

I really like Coka's idea for Norwegian Aura.

Archived