Taxi Tour & Beach

Sunny AZ Girl

I tried a seach on this subject, but the search engine is not working. I am trying to figure out what to do the day we are in Aruba on our cruise next May. There are 6 of us in our group. I have read in the past about taxi tours that give you a nice tour of the island. I was thinking of doing something like that and then possibly going to a beach for awhile afterwards before returning to the ship.

We love to snorkel, but will be snorkeling in Bonaire the next day, so that would be a bonus, not a necessity. Our cruise is very port intensive and Aruba is our first stop. We have busy days planned for the next 3 days and I don't want to wear everyone out! The Jeep Tours are out because I do not think my mother would be able to tolerate all that jarring.

I saw a link by Aruba Lisa to a taxi driver who is highly recommended with a van. Now I cannot find it.:confused: I also read that taxi's take 5 people. If all 6 us us decide to go this route would that be a problem? Suggestions? Would we be able to arrange for the taxi driver to pick us back up at the beach & return us to the ship? Also, any recommendations for lunch spots between the taxi tour and beach? Thanks!:)

The taxi driver you're looking for is probably "Bully." Sorry, I don't have his info, but ArubaLisa will check in soon and provide it.

In the mean time, you can find some photos of the beaches and some sights around Aruba on my blog that is part of my signature.

Enjoy!

Unfortunately Bully bullytaxi79@hotmail.com would not be able to take all six of you. Law prevents that. He would be able to arrange an additional driver if that was what you wanted.

I could suggest as an alternative Kini Kini tours http://www.kinikini.com/kk/servlet/Tours#TR_0. They are a small "mom and pop" operation who we just used for an ATV tour. That tour was excellent :) , but not what you are looking for. ;) I am not sure what type of vehicle they use but probably something along a large van or mini-bus. I am sure you could email them to find out info@kinikini.com. If you find out let us know! :) I do know that Christine and Eloy were very very nice people and I do not hesitate to recommend them.

I would really talk to them, Christine (the wife) is from the US so speaks perfect English. Explain to her, if even in an email, exactly what you are looking for, under the circumstances with your 79 yo mother and see what she suggests or can work out for you. Considering they are a small operation, I am sure they could cusomize something for you. Probably depends on how well cushioned the seats are as well. :D FWIW, my 94 yo grandmother survived riding in the front of a Jeep Wrangler last Christmas among some of the same roads. ;)

Archived