Track on Liberty

I can't (although it is pretty long), but just posting to say "run early"... by about 8.30/9am people are pulling loungers over the track and lots of people walking slowly and in big groups. Some lines (Princess) have dedicated running/jogging tracks, but RCCL's isn't - it is just part of the upper pool deck.

If you want to run after about 8.30/9am (especially on a sea day), then the treadmills in the gym are a much better bet.

Have fun

Boo

I can't (although it is pretty long), but just posting to say "run early"... by about 8.30/9am people are pulling loungers over the track and lots of people walking slowly and in big groups. Some lines (Princess) have dedicated running/jogging tracks, but RCCL's isn't - it is just part of the upper pool deck.

If you want to run after about 8.30/9am (especially on a sea day), then the treadmills in the gym are a much better bet.

Have fun

Boo

Thanks for the reminder. We ran the track on the Navigator the last time we were on her, and even though we were early, we thought (before 8:00) people were already out setting out deck chairs. Running on deck is not very easy. We usually do opt for the treadmills, but like to get out to enjoy the sea breeze at least a couple times.

My wife and I are planning to jog/run the track on the Liberty. Can anyone tell me how far it is?

4 1/2 times around it is 1 mile. It was very, very windy up there. My sister got blown into a lounge chair and then had a huge bruise on her leg for the rest of the cruise!!:eek:

4 1/2 times around it is 1 mile. It was very, very windy up there. My sister got blown into a lounge chair and then had a huge bruise on her leg for the rest of the cruise!!:eek:

Ouch! Would be ok on a port day though: shouldn't be windy and shouldn't be as busy either ;)

Boo

If you run on a port day--there will hardly be any "crowds" at all! Now, that would be the time to run!

RCI just doesn't have enough room for all of the lounge chairs--you are forced to move them into the running track, so that you can access the side of the chair to sit!! They squeeze them together so tightly, that you would have to crawl on your hands and knees (not a pretty sight) to get into the chair! It's not that folks are rude--it's a space issue, pure and simple!

Archived