How Many Lobster Tails?

gszach

Sailing on the Dawn for first time on Oct 5, 2008 to Bermuda. NewMexicoNita said that you are allowed to order more than one Lobster tail. I am wondering how many you are allowed to order? I'm also wondering what's the most # of lobster tails you ever ate in the main dining room under freestyle 2.0? I could easily eat like 10 of them! So how many will they allow me to eat????

Sailing on the Dawn for first time on Oct 5, 2008 to Bermuda. NewMexicoNita said that you are allowed to order more than one Lobster tail. I am wondering how many you are allowed to order? I'm also wondering what's the most # of lobster tails you ever ate in the main dining room under freestyle 2.0? I could easily eat like 10 of them! So how many will they allow me to eat????

you know I bet if you ordered the 10, one or two at a time they might let you have them and even put you in their hall of fame...lol

I'm glad to hear! Now tell us how good your cholesteral level is! And of course if they only allow two per seating you can always come back to the dining room 5 xs.

I'm glad to hear! Now tell us how good your cholesteral level is! And of course if they only allow two per seating you can always come back to the dining room 5 xs.

Really?? On the dawn two years ago i had 3 double orders (granted im 235 pounds and 6'1) maybe its changed in the years.....probalby a good thing though lol

My husband always request 2 lobsters and a steak to go with it. One of the head waiters suggested surf & turf to him years ago and he loved the idea.

We shared a table once with a family that had a teenage boy. He ate 6 tails. The waiter told us it was far from the record. He also told us to tell him right away if we wanted more than 1 so he could get the order in and not disappoint anyone.

Enjoy!

The news tonight reported that now lobster, specifically the green part of Maine lobsters is contaminated and warned not to eat it. I don't eat lobster but, my goodness, what's next?

I have heard that the lobster served on cruise ships is not really the "good" lobster, so who knows? I guess we takes our chances...:p

The news tonight reported that now lobster, specifically the green part of Maine lobsters is contaminated and warned not to eat it. I don't eat lobster but, my goodness, what's next?

I have heard that the lobster served on cruise ships is not really the "good" lobster, so who knows? I guess we takes our chances...:p

Oh, no, I love lobster. I hope it isn't a wide spread contamination.

Nothing to worry about at all. Only if you are planning on eating the tomalley (which is like the liver of the lobster...it's green) do you you need to worry. This is because of red tide issues off the northeast coast. The lobster meat and tail are fine. Plus they don't serve Maine lobster in the main dining room on NCL (I believe it is Caribbean rock/spiny lobster).

what is served a lobster is lobster tails...technically is really not lobster at all. It comes frozen from someplace else and is definitely not Caribbean/north east or any place you know....

Of the 30 or so types of clawed lobsters worldwide, the American lobster most closely resembles its European cousin, Homarus gammarus, though the western Atlantic crustacean has more robust tearing and crushing claws. In France this lobster is called homard; in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, it is a hummer.

The clawless spiny lobster, Panulirus argus, of more southerly waters, is a distant relation of the American lobster. "Lobster tail" comes from any of the 45 species of spiny lobsters of the Palinuridae family. Sometimes called crayfish, crawfish, rock lobster, or langouste, this lobster has a spine-studded shell and long antennae but no large front claws. Instead, the heavily-armored antennae can inflict a tearing wound when the lobster thrashes them whip-like against an opponent.

Most places recommend not eating the Tomale (green part of crabs and lobsters). If there is any pollution in the water a lot of it concentrates in the green matter (similar to the liver as pointed out). Here in NJ the major problem with eating the Tomale is PCBs. That's where it all goes. The meat is fine from what I understand (unless mercury is the toxin). Here in NJ we are fortunate enough to have both PCBs and Mercury everywhere. Woo-hoo.

As for getting more than one lobster in the main dining rooms, I am sooooo excited. Oct 6 should be the first lobster night on the Dawn where they serve the tails. I wonder what the record is for most eaten. I'm sure NCL doesn't keep track as they don't want people trying to eat more and more and more of the more expensive foods. I once at 26 plates of dungeness crab at Uries all you can eat crabhouse in Wildwood, NJ, that's about 52 crabs. The only thing that would stop me from eating at least 10 tails is embarrassment. If they bring 'em, I'll eat 'em.

My husband always request 2 lobsters and a steak to go with it. One of the head waiters suggested surf & turf to him years ago and he loved the idea.

We shared a table once with a family that had a teenage boy. He ate 6 tails. The waiter told us it was far from the record. He also told us to tell him right away if we wanted more than 1 so he could get the order in and not disappoint anyone.

Enjoy!

We always do the surf and turf.:) The problem is that they won't just bring the entree, they bring everything with it!

Did yoou know that lobster is in the same scientific "family" as cockroaches??

lets not get into to Darwin theory here....remember you are in the same scientific family as the monkey....and I don't eat monkey or roaches either.

remember we weren't supposed to eat tomatoes, before that spinish, make sure you eat wild Salmon, and the list goes on...As for Lobster, no, what they serve on the ship is Caribbean Lobster, certainly nothing like Maine Lobster. Because I do love Lobster I always eat what is served on the ships, but it can't compare with the real stuff!!!!!LOL

Every time there is Lobster night my group as a Lobster eating contest who can eat the most. Last time we had it I had 13 lobster tails, my cuz ended up with 15 lobster tails and me and him both got beat by a female who ate 17 lobster tails. The waiter all thought we were crazy and he said that once we reached 5 lobster tails he would no longer bring them out two at a time. I was like well buddy you are just waisting your time walking back and forth I told him. I guess he never seen a group love seafood before lol

Every time there is Lobster night my group as a Lobster eating contest who can eat the most. Last time we had it I had 13 lobster tails, my cuz ended up with 15 lobster tails and me and him both got beat by a female who ate 17 lobster tails.

My parents, me and my wife will be on Dawn Oct 5 2008. My Dad and I would both love to be in the 15+ club but it's so embarrassing ordering so many of them alone. If we had a group who were all eating like pigs it would be great. (I guess pigs don't usually eat lobster...but whatever!)

I was like well buddy you are just waisting your time walking back and forth I told him. I guess he never seen a group love seafood before lol

It's funny you spelled waisting instead of wasting, as I'm sure my waist would certainly expand at such a dinner!! :p

Because I do love Lobster I always eat what is served on the ships, but it can't compare with the real stuff!!!!!LOL

I think the Caribbean lobster is the real one and the American lobster is the fake ;)

I think the Caribbean lobster is the real one and the American lobster is the fake ;)

oh but of course:eek: .

If it does'nt come from Main , it cant even be called Lobster . But you all knew that .

What they should realy put out there is a 50# sack of N'Orleans mud bugs. would'nt that be a kick.:cool:

Archived