**Fairbrot**

esbie11

I saw on another post that you had a "reception" in Chops for your guests. We are trying to coordinate this as well, except for Portofino's. We are already having a luncheon reception at our ceremony site, and just wanted to have a more formal dinner with everyone once we re-board the ship that day. My TA has been "working on it" as far as arranging this for us for several months. I don't want to book the entire restaurant so that it is only our guests there, I just want reservations made for the number of guests we have, and want them to seat us as close to one another as possible. Who did you contact to reserve this? My TA constantly tells me that she talked to this person or that person, but never gets anywhere. I know it is possible to do this, as you and another bride I know has done it...I just don't know how to make it happen!!!:confused:

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't checked in here for a while. My TA made the reservation through RCCL's group's dept. I gave a specific time that I wanted and the number of people, however, when I got onboard and went to check on the reservation I found out that the time I had reserved was not possible. They have specific times that they do group reservations which is later after the dinner rush.

Everything worked out great though. The manager set up a later time and met with us the next day to go over details. He put us in the back of the restaurant which is slightly separate from the rest of the restaurant. He went over the menu (it was a set menu just for our group) and went over the layout of tables and wine selections.

Since your TA doesn't seem to know how to do this, I would recommend that you call RCCL's group dept. yourself to get this set up properly in advance and once you get onboard go and check in to make sure everything is set. That's pretty much what I did on boarding day - run around to check on everything and fix any issues.

The staff is amazing - they helped me with everything. I even managed to get tickets to the ice show for the entire group.

Good luck and email me if you have any other questions. princessd0767@gmail.com

Archived