dawn question

Lefty1

thinking about going on dawn in the year 2005 - maybe march/april - know weather may be cold, but has anyone been on ship around winter time - how is the water? is it rough seas? was just curious how weather is in the beginning of year - i know i will leave on sunday and come tuesday i should be in warmer water (florida) - i am a sun buff so i know the first day out to sea it will be cold.

any advice or comments about traveling on dawn in early 2005 would be appreciated.

I have read other comments before about March/April and as long as you don't mind that it is "spring break" time, you will probably have a good time.

I went in early May and I would highly recommend this time of year. It was not cold/hot when we left. In fact wore jeans and a light weight sweater, but by the next day it was much warmer and Fl was great at about 85 - 90 degrees. The seas were still a little rough this time of year, but not as bad during the winter months. If you can wait until May I would recommend it. The more into the summer months you go the less the rough seas, but you can't go too far b/c then hurricane season starts.

Also, remember the Atlantic is a lot around these parts (northeast) than in Florida.

I've been thinking about the seas too. We leave November 18th, so I'm not sure what to expect.

I keep remembering the Captain, on my 1996 cruise, asking that everyone put their glass on their table and look at it. We all looked at our glasses and then he said " now picture that glass on the dash of your car". I never worried about sea sickness again :).

Archived