NCL Sale (free upgrades & onboard credit)???

Nikolle2

We booked our cruise on the Dream about 3 weeks ago. Our category is no longer available (evidently sold out). I tried booking a "new" cruise (just for pricing comparison) via NCL.com and I'm not seeing any onboard credit info and I can't upgrade my cabin choice to the one we have now (since, again, it appears to be sold out).

I'm wondering if a call or email to the TA is in order just to see if we're missing out on anything? I'd hate to find out we could get some sort of upgrade or onboard credit anyway...

This is just our 2nd cruise, I'm new to the concept of obtaining better pricing AFTER booking. Can anyone offer some insight? Am I just being cheap trying to get a better deal?

On NCL, we were quite disappointed when we booked our Bermuda cruise 9 months in advance to get an AFT stateroom. They had a sale on a cruise that wasn't selling with all staterooms the price of the lowest category in them. But we couldn't get the cheaper price since our final payment was 3 days prior to the sale. NCL doesn't do that. So we cancelled & booked a BA at a BD price & got an upsell to a mini for $150.

So I learned on the cruise last April, to wait til a month before to book with 50% off rate for a DMLAT promo, which we saw 7/3 was $800 off the cruise for the 2nd person in the stateroom. We used our $250 deposit from the cruise we bought & then the $500 credit frm NCL MC. So it is $2300 for a 10 NIGHT cruise for an AFT stateroom. So we learned very well on this.

We booked our cruise on the Dream about 3 weeks ago. Our category is no longer available (evidently sold out). I tried booking a "new" cruise (just for pricing comparison) via NCL.com and I'm not seeing any onboard credit info and I can't upgrade my cabin choice to the one we have now (since, again, it appears to be sold out).

I'm wondering if a call or email to the TA is in order just to see if we're missing out on anything? I'd hate to find out we could get some sort of upgrade or onboard credit anyway...

This is just our 2nd cruise, I'm new to the concept of obtaining better pricing AFTER booking. Can anyone offer some insight? Am I just being cheap trying to get a better deal?

Call your TA. A lot of people are qualifying!;)

On NCL, we were quite disappointed when we booked our Bermuda cruise 9 months in advance to get an AFT stateroom. They had a sale on a cruise that wasn't selling with all staterooms the price of the lowest category in them. But we couldn't get the cheaper price since our final payment was 3 days prior to the sale. NCL doesn't do that. So we cancelled & booked a BA at a BD price & got an upsell to a mini for $150.

So I learned on the cruise last April, to wait til a month before to book with 50% off rate for a DMLAT promo, which we saw 7/3 was $800 off the cruise for the 2nd person in the stateroom. We used our $250 deposit from the cruise we bought & then the $500 credit frm NCL MC. So it is $2300 for a 10 NIGHT cruise for an AFT stateroom. So we learned very well on this.

Sometimes the above can really work. BUT...if you are taking a cruise to Europe, for instance, the cost of airfare booked at a late date can EASILY wipe out any savings on the cruise fares!

We recently rebooked a European cruise on the Buy 1/get 1/2 off sale second person and were able to get an oceanview for just a tiny bit more than what we were originally going to pay for the lowest priced inside cabin due to the fact we had to pay the higher fuel charges when rebooking - so keep that in mind. No OBC though, although we definitely asked our TA. Airfare is really getting to be THE MAJOR cost (and hassle) with many cruise vacations.

so we shop around for the best deal. We do it about 2 months before we want to go. We do cruise in the summer as we want no kids onboard. So I am told we are off season cruisers. MSC is good at it but NCL occassionally has it too. If we have say a S America with a Jade to Egypt cruise, then we will get PLATINUM AMEX for a year to get the BOGO business class fare to have the best of the best for half price. We also get free airline clubs & travel insurance. $425 fee a year may be high but what you get pays for it with plenty coming to you.

Sometimes the above can really work. BUT...if you are taking a cruise to Europe, for instance, the cost of airfare booked at a late date can EASILY wipe out any savings on the cruise fares!

We recently rebooked a European cruise on the Buy 1/get 1/2 off sale second person and were able to get an oceanview for just a tiny bit more than what we were originally going to pay for the lowest priced inside cabin due to the fact we had to pay the higher fuel charges when rebooking - so keep that in mind. No OBC though, although we definitely asked our TA. Airfare is really getting to be THE MAJOR cost (and hassle) with many cruise vacations.

So as your header is showing Pay for It - I guess that means you really didn't? Which is so in character

Archived