Ship Time vs Port in Mexican Riviera

gargoyle999

broken record here..but search is not working.

Wanting to find out when I look at my itinerary it gives the time to arrive and depart. We are going to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo. Is ship time different than port time or the same for these stops? And if different I assume the time listed on the Princess site is ship time?

Trying to finalize shore excursions.

The Princess site lists ship time. When I went down you set the clock back the second night and moved it forward the second to the last night. There will be the usual note in the Patter and the card on your pillow in the evening about clock changes. I never worrried about port time, just ship time. Had tours and they all went off with no problem and without trying to make sure they knew when the ship was actually going to be there. The tour operators have been doing it for so long they know the ships schedule better than the passengers. In one port we were told they actually have a central place they can call to get the ships actual arrival time.

PV is 2 hours ahead of LA, and one hour ahead of the ship. (Noon in PV is 11am on the ship and 10am in LA). Ship time matches port time in Cabo and Mazatlan and is one hour ahead of LA.

PV is 2 hours ahead of LA, and one hour ahead of the ship. (Noon in PV is 11am on the ship and 10am in LA). Ship time matches port time in Cabo and Mazatlan and is one hour ahead of LA.

So ship time is Mountain time (as is Mazatlan and Cabo) and PV is Central time?

When the itinerary shows we arrive back in LA at 6am does that mean the actual time on land in LA will be 5am?

No, the ship starts and ends on Pacific time and changes to Mountain time. They don't change to Central for PV, so that's the only place you have to worry about ship time and port time differing. When we did this route a couple years ago, we sailed from LA on Saturday and they moved the time ahead an hour that night, then changed back to Pacific the following Friday night before arriving in LA. As posted above, the Patter will tell you when to change, and will remind you about the difference in port time from ship time.

No, the ship starts and ends on Pacific time and changes to Mountain time. They don't change to Central for PV, so that's the only place you have to worry about ship time and port time differing.

Ok...now I get it. I didn't understand the ship changes time so that clears things up with some of the things I was reading! :)

Archived