Don't use Budget in Kona

sally r

We used Budget in Kona and we were picked up at the pier. It was a bit of a wait because of the Ironman competition and all the traffic. And we missed the first shuttle because we couldn't see it through all the mess, but they returned eventually to pick us up. I don't know which ship you were on but Pride of Aloha rents thru Budget so I knew they would be picking us up there even though I rented my own car online.

We used Budget on Kona, called their office when we got off tehship, they sent a shuttle down to pick us up, and back to the rental office. Only down side was the last shuttle back to the dock left the office at 4pm, and it was crowded !!

Some stops had car rental vans waiting at the pier, most didn't

Most shuttles in Kona are only there a short time after the first pax start coming ashore. Then, you have a very exprensive taxi ride. I've taken the Budget shuttle in Kona. Were you delayed in getting off the ship?

Sammy

We were off the ship about 9am. We were told by Budget that they no longer have a shuttle. Maybe it was just the day we happened to be in port. There were quite a few of us and we were able to share cabs. In our other ports the shuttles were waiting at the pier. Used a mix of Budget and Alamo.

Thanks for the information. Just shows one how things are always changing. I was "shuttleless" my first cruise and stop at Kona. After that, I always ask if a shuttle is provided before I book with that company in Kona. I'm glad you could share a cab - that's not too bad.

Sammy

Archived