My first ever price reduction!!!

Wow, I can't believe it. I checked the price on our Christmas cruise (OV/4 people) and the price had gone down, so I called Carnival and my total cruise cost dropped $160.00. I'm so thrilled...my 4th cruise and this is my first 'price reduction' thrill:p

Congrats! Keep watching, it may go down more??

Wow, I can't believe it. I checked the price on our Christmas cruise (OV/4 people) and the price had gone down, so I called Carnival and my total cruise cost dropped $160.00. I'm so thrilled...my 4th cruise and this is my first 'price reduction' thrill:p

Keep watching. I have had seven price declines since I booked last June.

The bad part with the reduction is that they take off the "Fuel Charges", so the discount you will get is not going to be what the price reduction is.

Have a wonderful Christmas cruise.

wow that is a good amount to spend on the cruise!

question....

If you booked through a TA and the price drops...do you call them or carnival directly?

thanks

If you're booked with a TA you need to call the TA. They will then call Carnival for you.

I am not a happy camper....our cruise fare dropped so I emailed my TA to ask about a price reduction and this is the reponse I was given:

:(They will not let me do the lower the price because it has already been paid in full. I put up a stink but they won’t. Sorry.

I would be mad as well. I paid in FULL and received OBC for the price reduction.....

I would be mad as well. I paid in FULL and received OBC for the price reduction.....

That's what I was thinkin too..Guess I will email her back and ask her about an OBC...

I know if I try to call Carnival myself they won't talk to me because I booked through a TA..maybe I should call and ask what their policy is....

That's what I was thinkin too..Guess I will email her back and ask her about an OBC...

I know if I try to call Carnival myself they won't talk to me because I booked through a TA..maybe I should call and ask what their policy is....

If I was you I would call the TA and tell her you understand about not being able to refund the difference but you KNOW that they can give you OBC.

If she doesn't, I would FLIP my lid....:eek: Unless of course it's only a few bucks then I would let it slide.

I am not a happy camper....our cruise fare dropped so I emailed my TA to ask about a price reduction and this is the reponse I was given:

:(They will not let me do the lower the price because it has already been paid in full. I put up a stink but they won’t. Sorry.

Carnival won't adjust this because you are booked with a TA. BUT call Carnival and explain what your TA told you about no lower price or obc because of final payment made , ask that they put you on a three way call with your TA, and you will get your onboard credit.

Carnival won't adjust this because you are booked with a TA. BUT call Carnival and explain what your TA told you about no lower price or obc because of final payment made , ask that they put you on a three way call with your TA, and you will get your onboard credit.

I actually decided to email Carnival to ask about their policy so I guess I will wait to see what their response is and go from there..thanx for your suggestion and if all else fails that will be my next move

Hi all,

Going on my 3rd cruise in September. Leaving the hubby at home to go with my mom. Saw that my price had dropped so since I booked directly with Carnival, I called them. (thanks to all of you on the boards I knew about this!)

We are on the Carnival Elation in Sept. I booked a 4a and was upgraded to a 4C. When I called tonight they offered me an upgrade to a room 1 deck higher. I said I'd rather have OBC and after a 8 minute wait, I was $60 richer! So my question is.....the OBC is a better deal right? Going from a 4c to a 4d is really just a difference in decks, correct?

Either way, I'm a happy camper thanks to all these wonderful posts!

I actually decided to email Carnival to ask about their policy so I guess I will wait to see what their response is and go from there..thanx for your suggestion and if all else fails that will be my next move

You're welcome. Trust me, I have cruised with CCL many times and know their policy. Give them a call, if you wait for an email response, it could be a long time. Let us know how things turn out. good luck!

Hi all,

Going on my 3rd cruise in September. Leaving the hubby at home to go with my mom. Saw that my price had dropped so since I booked directly with Carnival, I called them. (thanks to all of you on the boards I knew about this!)

We are on the Carnival Elation in Sept. I booked a 4a and was upgraded to a 4C. When I called tonight they offered me an upgrade to a room 1 deck higher. I said I'd rather have OBC and after a 8 minute wait, I was $60 richer! So my question is.....the OBC is a better deal right? Going from a 4c to a 4d is really just a difference in decks, correct?

Either way, I'm a happy camper thanks to all these wonderful posts!

Just one deck, no difference in cabins. Good Deal! Personally, I like the Empress deck the best. You are just down the hall from the Atrium and it helps to get a feel of where you are if you are a first timer.

Thats great. I have cruised 16 times and I have never gotten a price reduction or an upgrade. Guess I am just unlucky.

Well, I never receive an upgrade because I prefer to pick my cabin.

But never receiving a price reduction is being "unlucky?"

I look at it as though that means I must've been really very lucky in that I booked before prices started going UP, so I must've booked when they were really, really low and I had really great timing!

I'm thrilled with the price I paid. Have never seen them go anywhere but up. How can anyone think that's unlucky? :confused:

Ah, well. I keep checking, and they're always higher than what I paid, so I'm happy with my fare.

You're welcome. Trust me, I have cruised with CCL many times and know their policy. Give them a call, if you wait for an email response, it could be a long time. Let us know how things turn out. good luck!

Uhm, good idea...I think I will give them til Monday and if I don't have some type of response I will call them....or maybe I will just call them today if the urge hits me and it probably will....

I will keep you posted!!

• 4 months later...

Archived