Mazatlan and PV-theft issues?

gargoyle999

Obviously things can happen out of the ordinary but I'm wondering if it would be relatively safe to go walking around Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta with a half way decent SLR digital camera? Probably will be lots of other tourists wherever we go as it won't be too far off the beaten path if we're just wandering around but I just thought I'd ask

Hello...

Both Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta are both quite civilized. I wouldn't worry about your camera. Tourism is a huge industry in both of these towns and the locals don't want anyone stealing your camera any more than you do.

Go and enjoy!

murphysmum;)

Obviously things can happen out of the ordinary but I'm wondering if it would be relatively safe to go walking around Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta with a half way decent SLR digital camera? Probably will be lots of other tourists wherever we go as it won't be too far off the beaten path if we're just wandering around but I just thought I'd ask

PV y'll be fine! The only caution is if you ride the buses there has been groups of ppl( guys & girls) who will board a crowded bus and before you know it your wallet is gone or purse/camera handle/cord can be cut.

It's been a couple years since I've heard of any reports. But this can happen in your own town.

PV has a lot of tourist police in the tourists spots so not to worry.

as for Mazatlan we haven't been.

Like you there will be 1000s of more tourists that day in those places.

Take you normal precautions, donot carry too many valuables with you.

You will be fine and your camera too.

consider buying a couple cheap disposable cameras for port days. I always do that, not just because of theft but I don't want sand in my nice camera and yes, I've been known to forget a camera or two. If they are disposable write your name and address on the back with a note to promise to reimburse for postage if found! JMHO:p

consider buying a couple cheap disposable cameras for port days. I always do that, not just because of theft but I don't want sand in my nice camera and yes, I've been known to forget a camera or two. If they are disposable write your name and address on the back with a note to promise to reimburse for postage if found! JMHO:p

Excellent tip! Putting your address with a note will be reimbused for postage!!! :D

Mahalo,

secretv2:-)

Archived