Northwest Writes Off Midwest Airlines

gargoyle999

Looks like things are getting worse for Midwest Airlines. DW has a flight on Midwest at the end of the month going to DC for work. Hope she doesn't get stuck out there if they go belly up in between flights!

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=8/7/2008&id=44457

That sucks and it would suck for your wife too. Of course she has a back up plan so things should be ok for her.

Salaries and wages high for that size airline. Why does not that surprise me?

As far as NW well....greed doesn't always pay.

Too bad really. I flew Midwest last October and it was a good comfortable trip. I don't really like to fly at all, but there's a reality check involved if I want to take a cruise.

No choice but to give AirTran the flight to San Juan in January, so we'll see how they do then.

Looks like things are getting worse for Midwest Airlines. DW has a flight on Midwest at the end of the month going to DC for work. Hope she doesn't get stuck out there if they go belly up in between flights!

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=8/7/2008&id=44457

They haven't folded YET but most airlines are loosing money this year except Southwest. Since NWA has a large stake in Midwest, my guess is NWA would take your tickets if Midwest was to fold.

Did you also look at Sun Country? They fly to Washington Dulles non-stop from the HHH terminal. I flew them once and liked them but the problem is they only fly to a couple cities more than once a day and some cities once or twice a week and it is never the days (or times) I want to fly.

Lets hope Southwest moves into the HHH terminal when it expands from 10 to 19 gates. The layout includes three gates together for 737's with an unknown airline taking those gates. SWA has all 737's.

Lets hope Southwest moves into the HHH terminal when it expands from 10 to 19 gates. The layout includes three gates together for 737's with an unknown airline taking those gates. SWA has all 737's.

I would be very happy to see Southwest come here to MN! :)

Archived