Gifts for returning passengers?

Just read a post that mentioned one of the best things about RCCL is the great gifts it gives to returning passengers. Will be on FOS in a few weeks after a seven year absence from RCCL; this will be our fifth RCCL cruise but we have diamond status as a result of our status on Celebrity. What's the deal with the "gifts" and what can we expect? Thanks.

Just read a post that mentioned one of the best things about RCCL is the great gifts it gives to returning passengers. Will be on FOS in a few weeks after a seven year absence from RCCL; this will be our fifth RCCL cruise but we have diamond status as a result of our status on Celebrity. What's the deal with the "gifts" and what can we expect? Thanks.

Normally just a little something they put in your room as a thank you for cruising with us. One year we got picture frames and this last year we got canvas bags.

Because you have Diamond status, make sure you call the special number (for Diamond and above), if you haven't yet called for for pre-cruise benefits, (888) 437-1953.

If you are Diamond Plus in addition to the little gift they leave for Crown and Anchor members you will receive a personalized amenity delivered to your stateroom or dining room -- they call a few weeks before the cruise so you can pick your gift!

Because you have Diamond status, make sure you call the special number (for Diamond and above), if you haven't yet called for for pre-cruise benefits, (888) 437-1953.

If you are Diamond Plus in addition to the little gift they leave for Crown and Anchor members you will receive a personalized amenity delivered to your stateroom or dining room -- they call a few weeks before the cruise so you can pick your gift!

How cool. What are the personalized amenity gifts that you can choose from?

Thanks Hypo, I have an 11 night booked and only got $150.00. 7 night and only got $100.00. Guess I need to call. Thanks again.

No C&A discount is $150. I am guessing that you are one of two passengers in the cabin, and the invoice lists each of you as getting $150, instead of $300 off the total.

Same for the week-long cruise. The Diamond discount is $200. If there are two passengers, it may be listed as $100 off each passenger's fare.

Thanks Hypo, I have an 11 night booked and only got $150.00. 7 night and only got $100.00. Guess I need to call. Thanks again.

Somthing's not right here. I have a 12 night booked, and got $150 PER PERSON, and I have a 7 night with $100 PER PERSON. Maybe you're looking at the per person charges, because they split the Diamond balcony discount across the 2 passengers, even though it's a cabin discount.

We usually get canapes or chocolate covered strawberries at least several nights in the cabin, but that might be on longer cruises. And, let's not forget the Platinum and Diamond luncheon or cocktail party.

I hope we get the ball caps on our next cruise. I've got the canvas totes stacking up!! I used one just last weekend: they make terrific airplane carry-on bags for headphones, snacks, etc.

How cool. What are the personalized amenity gifts that you can choose from?

There are a number of amenity gifts to choose from (for Diamond Plus cruisers). We chose a nice Syrah, on our last cruise. For my upcoming cruise, I chose the towel because several had mentioned how nice and fluffy it was. Some also like the tote (it's different and much nicer - IMHO - than the kind we've received for the C&A gift in past sailings). If you look at Gifts & Gear, you'll see some of the choices you'll have. If you don't hear from the LA approximately 2 weeks before the cruise, just call the Diamond Plus Desk at C&A and they'll happily take your "order."

When they call (if you are Diamond Plus) they ask what you want... they usually start with a bottle of wine... but we usually take the towel, though the tote is nice... :) Ladylawyer is right.. if you look at the gift and gear page you can get just about anything there... :) Happy Sailing!

Archived