Legend Review 7/20 (with a few pictures)

irky416

Great review.. our turn is coming up.. and I love reading the reviews with the pictures.. Thanks so much..;)

I wish I was going again. Thanks for commenting!

Yay another Legend review! Thanks for posting, 2 more weeks to wait for us!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!

The Legend was amazing. You'll have a great time!

Loving your review! Thanks for doing it--sure helps to pass the time until my turn!!

Thank you!

Where did the cute little Captain Jack doll come from? I just love how he keeps popping up in your pics!:)

I sure am enjoying your review and pics, only five more weeks until we are on the Legend!

Sol y Mar

(it ain't easy being green - with envy, of course!)

The gorgeous ship

342636153_vFiGT-M.jpg

Thanks so much for this review/pictures!! :D I'm really missing the Legend right now!! :( Out of all the cruises I've been on, she's my favourite ship. I just think she's so beautiful and well laid out. We did an 8 Day out of Ft. Lauderdale with 4 sea days and 3 ports. If I could sail on the Legend again, I would in a heartbeat!! :D Unfortunatly, I don't like her current itinerary (even though she does go to one of my favourite ports, Cozumel). :(

Where did the cute little Captain Jack doll come from? I just love how he keeps popping up in your pics!:)

I sure am enjoying your review and pics, only five more weeks until we are on the Legend!

Sol y Mar

(it ain't easy being green - with envy, of course!)

Captain Jack is a McDonald's toy. He's our travel buddy.

Thank you. I hope you love it as much as I did!

Loving your review!!!

Thank you!

IRKY, where are you girl. Goiny thru withdrawal here

Sorry! Today got unexpectedly busy. I will try to get Cozumel up later tonight! I'm glad you're enjoying it, though!

I love the reviews. We will be on the legend in Nov. I can't wait. What kind of waterproof camera did you use? We bought a Sanyo underwater camera and I can't wait to usa in at stingray city.Thanks again for the review

I am going on the legend Sept 14th.

Can you tell me anything about the entertainment...dancing/ music shows?????

thanks!

Denise

We didn't do a lot of the evening entertainment except for the main show. They did have dancing and karaoke every night. We enjoyed the main shows and the stuff that they had going on during the day on the sea days. They had a lot of stuff going on. If I can find my capers I can try to take a picture of them and post them if you'd be interested.

I love the reviews. We will be on the legend in Nov. I can't wait. What kind of waterproof camera did you use? We bought a Sanyo underwater camera and I can't wait to usa in at stingray city.Thanks again for the review

Thank you. We used the Olympus 1030. I liked it for the underwater pictures.

Thanks for the great pictures and reviews!

Thank you!

Wednesday we docked in Cozumel. We had booked the Royal Dolphin Swim privately through Chankanaab Park. This is something I have wanted to do my whole life, so I was really excited to get to do it today!

We had time this morning to go get breakfast before we got off the ship. The breakfast was good, but I wish they would have a separate line (or enforce it..it almost seemed like there was a space for a separate line but no one ever used it) for the omelet station. It’s at the end of the regular buffet line and that line often backed up because people were waiting for omelets. I think it should have been two lines and then the regular line wouldn’t have backed up. Oh well. I wonder if it was exclusive to our sailing or if it happens all the time?

We got off the boat and caught a taxi to Chankanaab with no problems. I think it was $10 for the two of us. We got there fairly early for our swim, so we explored the park a while before we decided to go snorkel at the beach. The park was really nice. We walked on the trails for a little bit and saw a lot of iguanas, beautiful plants and flowers, and the replica Mayan ruins. We were there fairly early and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. It was very nice and relaxing. I had read about the trail on here or else I may not have found it. It’s kind of off to the back of the park and secluded. We got hot, so decided to go down to the beach and snorkel. The snorkeling was ok (after Roatan, all other snorkeling just seems ok, but more on that later!). We didn’t have a ton of time to go very far to really see what was around. Later, I realized they had placed underwater statues around the beach area and we never saw any of those.

342681697_fUquF-M.jpg

342684428_KJLUi-M.jpg

We got out when it was time for our dolphin swim. The dolphin swim was amazing. I took my camera in with me and got some pictures. They have you watch a video first and then they take you and a group of about 8 people out to the dolphins. For the Royal Swim, we all got to kiss the dolphin, have the dolphin kiss us, give a handshake, give a hug, do the dorsal pull and do the foot push. The foot push was amazing! After everyone in our group did that we had some time where we all swam out and had the dolphins do some tricks for us. We also got to touch them a little more. Then they had them do some jumps and wave goodbye.

342686964_Q43ys-M.jpg

The foot push

342687495_GnQTH-M.jpg

342689085_Sv4Hs-M.jpg

After the swim, we had to go watch the video they made and then look at the pictures. We decided not to buy the video or all of the pictures. We bought two of the pictures. The rest of them didn’t turn out very well and we figured we wouldn’t watch the video. They really want you to buy everything as a package, though. The pictures were fairly expensive, but we figured it was a once in a lifetime thing, so it was worth it.

After the swim, we were glad we had decided to come early and look around first. It had gotten way more crowded, so we just decided to head back to the pier. We ended up sharing a cab with a very nice family who had had a mix up with Carnival and were supposed to be on a different ship that left Saturday. (I don’t really remember all the details, but they were in great spirits after getting plans changed on them and not getting their luggage until that morning!) I hope they got everything worked out!

We had a ton of time left in Cozumel, so we decided we would drop our stuff back off on the ship, eat lunch, and then get back off the ship and do some souvenir shopping. We were able to get right on the ship and eat because most people were still out in Cozumel. We went back to the pier and did some souvenir shopping. I wanted to buy a ring, so we set out in search of one. I found one I liked and the guy in the shop said it was $175. I didn’t want to pay that so we ended up bargaining him down to $40. My boyfriend still thinks we got a piece of crap, but I like it and it reminds me of our trip. It’s a silver ring that came from a store and it does have 925 on it, so I think we got a pretty good deal. The guy really wanted cash. We wouldn't have gotten such a deal if we didn't use cash. If you want to buy something there, make sure you have enough cash on you.

We headed back to the ship a little bit before it was time to leave. We got ice cream and headed up on deck to watch the latecomers. We didn’t see anyone running, but the line to get back on the ship ten minutes before we pulled away was huge!

It got longer!

342345558_UDwHF-M.jpg

We wanted to go in the hot tub but there were a ton of people in it. It was then that I remembered reading there was a hot tub in the spa that no one really used. We went to check it out and no one was there. We had the whole thing to ourselves for a good twenty minutes. This trend would be repeated the rest of the week. This might be the best tip I got from this board!

Eventually we got out and got ready for dinner. Dinner, as usual, was excellent. I think the show was a physical comedian. He juggled and rode the unicycle, etc. He was pretty good, especially because the ship was really rocking that night.

Tomorrow would be Belize.

I'll post some more pictures from Cozumel shortly!

The area where the swim takes place

342681580_BE3EY-M.jpg

One of my favorite pictures

342681943_eY9sf-M-1.jpg

342686423_c2pT8-M.jpg

The pictures we purchased

345177780_rL6Z5-M-1.jpg

345177699_rv8DK-M-1.jpg

They also have a swimming pool at Chankanaab. You can see it in this picture.

342675747_emfYJ-M.jpg

This place was really nice and we really enjoyed it. I think it's definitely worth the admission price. They also have a restaurant and bar, but we didn't use it.

The pier we docked at. It reminded me of Vegas with the escalators everywhere.

342677624_xuJyQ-M.jpg

One of the many living statues

342677907_4mUAY-M.jpg

The gorgeous blue water in Cozumel

342679775_Droer-M.jpg

Sailing away

342680016_6LoGS-M.jpg

342681454_FzHKs-M.jpg

And here was our animal for the night. We weren't quite sure what it was. I looked at the book and decided it has to be the dinosaur, but my boyfriend didn't fully agree. I don't know what else it would be.

342346322_xpL7C-M.jpg

:) Thank you for the review and pictures. We loved our Christmas cruise on the Legend in 2005. We are doing the Miracle this Christmas. The Spirit class of ships are our favorites. We had a towel animal that looked liked your last one and thought it might be a llama??

Keep the review and photos coming.

happy cruising.

:) Thank you for the review and pictures. We loved our Christmas cruise on the Legend in 2005. We are doing the Miracle this Christmas. The Spirit class of ships are our favorites. We had a towel animal that looked liked your last one and thought it might be a llama??

Keep the review and photos coming.

happy cruising.

I could see a llama. I really have no idea, though! I liked the Spirit class much better than the Fantasy class. I haven't tried anything else...yet!

Thanks so much for the great review and beautiful photos. Looking forward to more.

Thank you.

There is another port, right? Waiting (not so) patiently. :D

There is! Sorry, my boyfriend's birthday was yesterday and I got sidetracked. I'm working on it now.

I did try out a Warm Chocolate Melting Cake recipe for him, though and it turned out really good! Almost as good as Carnival's. I was happy. Now, we can have it at home until we get to cruise again!

Archived