Dance Classes

Greek66

Yes they do, but I think it's only about an 30-1 hour deal.. I haven't been to them but they do have them.

If you really want to learn to dance. That should be done before the cruise... My husband and I did that a few years back.. We learn quite a few dances.. Which made it more fun to get up and dance. We plan to go back to take some dance lessons soon.. We probably will do that when we schedule our next cruise..

Rubyrosedreamer you would be surprise how well you dance.. Most people only know how to "wiggle" on the dance floor. My husband was the same way. He didn't know at all how to dance.. Once we started taking dance lessons, he turned out to be a great dance partner. Funny thing is he knows how to play music just not to dance to it.. My family knows how to dance to music but not play it..

That was one of the reason my husband never like to get up and dance because he didn't know how to.. I know a few moves but didn't know how to teach him.. So we went and took dance lessons.

All it takes is a few lessons with a good instructor.. You can do group and private lessons. We did a little of both..

Let us know what they say.

Personally, I don't have time with my busy life to take Dance classes. Hence the reason for wanting to take them as "FUN" on the ship.

LOL I can understand that... But we aren't retired by any means.. When we were taking these lesson we were building our house which my husband was the general contractor for and running a engineering business.. And we had moved away from Tampa and living a very small camper while dealing with 4 hurricanes.. To say the least it was a very active year for us..

I guess the dances lessons was the little bit of fun we had during that time..

LOL I can understand that... But we aren't retired by any means.. When we were taking these lesson we were building our house which my husband was the general contractor for and running a engineering business.. And we had moved away from Tampa and living a very small camper while dealing with 4 hurricanes.. To say the least it was a very active year for us..

Holy cow!

And I guess the cruise afterwards was a well-deserved vacation?? :p Wow congrats to y'all for surviving all that!

Every cruise I have been on (Carnival and Royal) had dancing lessons. Did I attend...yes...but I did not participate! I sat in the chairs and watched! I am extremely shy! It was alot of fun! But on my second cruise, we went to watch the swing dancing lessons and some girls were learning the dance. Later that night we saw them walk into the club and start doing the swing dancing in the middle of the dance floor. Even though it was not swing music playing, it went to the beat and they looked like they were having alot of fun!

Wow, what a year. Hope everything is better!

And yes, dance classes, especially with your partner, can be so much fun. In my single days, I took rueda salsa lessons (in a circle, like square dancing; exchanging partners, a person calling the steps; just salsa) and it was great exercise. Everyone would be sweating thier butts off but had smiles from ear to ear. I was addicted and went three times a week.

I am trying to teach my italian husband some latin moves and I don't know how to teach, either, and he doesn't let me lead!:p What a mess!

I remember taking line dance, cha cha and disco (Saturday Nite Fever type) on the Conquest for our honeymoon and having a blast. We did cha cha lessons again on the NCL Star and we are definitely going to try again on the Valor in a few weeks. We are bringing our daughter with us (her 1st cruise) and I think she will get a kick out of seeing her dad dance.

Ya we mad it through fine.. ;) My husband is a good leader. When he knows what he wants to do next for moves it works out great... But when he doesn't we goff up..:rolleyes:

And yes the cruise was a nice treat at the end of 2004.. Plus his family was impressed with our dancing... Since none of them dance..

I did see in one of the boards that had a copy of the capers that they have latin dance on the first night at 7:30 or so.

When we went on the paradise years ago they had the saturday night fever dance lessons( didn't think I would ever have to use it)Good thing we went to that,when we got home at a mess function they had night fever playing and we got every one up to learn the John tra-vol-ta dance.It was too funny LMAO

Archived