Back from Oosterdam, 8/2-8/9, with link to pics

sshipo

Some quick thoughts/review:

Embarkation: Once we found a porter for all of our luggage, it was a breeze.

Ship: Very clean, very classy

Dinning: We were supposed to have Anytime dining, but we were assigned a table due to numerous groups on board. It worked out great, no problem!

Food/Waiter: Excellent

Room Steward: Excellent

Pinnacle Grill: We both thought it was just ok, not worth the extra cost, but many others thought differently.

Shore Excursions: Juneau, whale watching, awesome. Sitka, photography tour, loved it! Ketchikan, canoe and jeep tour, fantastic, but be ready to be bounced around in the jeep, not for the faint of heart. Victoria, The Butchart Gardens, spectacular.

Ports: Juneau has becoming very touristy, but once you get our of the city, it is great. Sitka, is awesome, not touristy at all and just beautiful. Ketchikan is also touristy but we still had a great time. Victoria is just a wonderful city.

Express baggage service: WORTH EVERY PENNY

Debarkation: Fastest ever of all of our cruises.

Such great photography, thanks so much for posting, makes me really want to go to Alaska:)

Can't get dh to go, he hates cold weather, but perhaps looking at the flowers in the garden, I could convince him, he loves all growing things:D

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. So glad you had a wonderful time on the Oosterdam. We sailed the O'dam this spring and it is a beautiful ship with a great crew. Did you meet the famous Hunky Dory?

Thanks for the great pics and the review!! We are leaving on the 23rd on the Oosterdam. Hope we have the same great weather that it looks like you had!!! One question, has the price on the express luggage gone up?

Thanks for the great pics and the review!! We are leaving on the 23rd on the Oosterdam. Hope we have the same great weather that it looks like you had!!! One question, has the price on the express luggage gone up?

Don't know if it has gone up...it was $16 per person and with 8 bags, boy is it worth it!

Great photos! Can I ask what the photography tour you took in Sitka was?

I think it was just called Sitka Photography tour. The guide doesn't offer any help with camera settings and such, just locations, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sshipo,

Thanks for sharing the amazing pictures.

I particularly like the one with caption "Mendenhall Glacier from 4 miles away". Do you have the directions how to get there? We will be in Juneau later this month and might rent a car and drive around.

Thanks again!

Archived