Can I rent a car and return it near the Manhattan pier?

whacked max

I am leaving out of new york and returning to miami. Does anyone know if I can rent a car in my home state and return it close to the pier in Manhattan?

sure they may have a drop off charge however. the majors i.e. Avis hertz and dollar all have drop off spots in Manhattan but normally charge a fee for sucha an arrangement of one ways. check on your favorite car rental and see what they have and what they will charge(or call them)...

Thank you. One company told me that I can drop the car off at 6th and 55th street. If we dropped a couple of people off at the pier with the bags and then dropped the car off, do you think that this would be within walking distance?(and safe)

Thank you. One company told me that I can drop the car off at 6th and 55th street. If we dropped a couple of people off at the pier with the bags and then dropped the car off, do you think that this would be within walking distance?(and safe)

yes its about a half mile...and during the day there is no place in Manhattan that is unsafe....

yes its about a half mile...and during the day there is no place in Manhattan that is unsafe....

Just wanted to say thank you for the info. You just made my decision for me. I will be booking that car very soon. Now I just have to work on getting home from Miami. Thanks again.

Just wanted to say thank you for the info. You just made my decision for me. I will be booking that car very soon. Now I just have to work on getting home from Miami. Thanks again.

Just one more question please? We have driven to the brooklyn pier before and found that with the help of our GPS, it wasn't very difficult to get to. This time we are going out of the Manhattan port and I was wondering if you think this will be more difficult? We will be coming from the south. (NJ turnpike).

Side note: We Live in a rural area and I am quite nervous when driving in the city.

If you've made it to the Brooklyn pier, you should have no trouble with finding the Manhattan pier.

I'm sure someone will post detailed instructions. However, the general plan would be to go through the Lincoln Tunnel and follow the directions to Uptown. You would either go west to 12th Avenue and north to 50-whatever street the pier is on, or you would go north to 50-whatever street and west to 12th Avenue. Lincoln Tunnel is at 40th and 9th Ave, so all you have to drive is 15 or so street blocks and 3 avenue blocks.

Archived