Carnival Victory review 8-4 sailing

Gingee

I will try to do a summary of our cruise. Any questions, ask away.

We left on a nice sunny day. We were on board and eating by 12:30 or so.

After that we explored and then sat by the pool for a while. The temperature of the middle pool was very warm. On the tv, the temperature always said 59 degrees for all the pools but I doubt they were.

We did not have any rain at all except for a light sprinkle one night. The first sea day was partly cloudy. I ended up going to the indoor pool which was warmer. Then they opened the top of the pool and it did warm up a little bit because we were more guarded against the wind.

We did not care for the buffet area. It did not have a good layout and so you had to wait in line a lot.

The Captains party was not the greatest either. They never even brought up appetizers. The guy went half way down the line and never came back. My husband saw him standing there eating the food off of his tray. The repeat customer party was better. Never did see the captain though.

The help was mainly good. Loved our waiter. Yugo or something like that. Gave him a bigger tip.

The shows were good. Had a very good comedian on there. Don't remember his name though.

St. John's was okay. Nothing special. We walked to the Reversing Falls. That was kind of interesting. Halifax was a little prettier. Our daughter and boyfriend did the cruise sponsered whale watching. All they saw was the back of a seal and I think something smaller. My daughter said they fell asleep on it. Boyfriend was awake and didn't see anything. They did see dolphins in the ocean when we were cruising. We did a tour of the city in Halifax (cruise sponsered). There was a tour guide (don't remember his name) but he only had one leg but man he was great.

I didn't see anything wrong with the ship except maybe some stains in the hallway. Looked like water stains.

The water slides were warm according to my daughter and boyfriend. The last sea day was perfect. High of 73 but the pool areas were packed.

Any questions? I know I forgot something.

Archived