Any 2010 Brides!!!!!!

congrats to all of you getting married; its a exciting time. I wrote a thread on which cruise line is best in your opinions and no one replied, anyone on this thread want to give a opinion? Im trying to pick which would be fun and romantic...any thoughts?

I may not be the best to respond to this because I've only been on 2 cruise lines, but I liked Royal Caribbean the best for a good mix of fun and romance. Carnival was still a fun trip (afterall, it is vacation!) but we had a blast on both of our RC cruises and yet still had romantic moments on our balcony w/ a final drink for the night. Another thing you should know, we've only cruised with groups of people, usually between 12 and 16 people and they were a mix of family and friends. We're not much of the "romantic" couple-we're more like best friends that love to laugh together and have fun no matter what we're doing. You'll have fun on any cruise-it's what you make of it!

I may not be the best to respond to this because I've only been on 2 cruise lines, but I liked Royal Caribbean the best for a good mix of fun and romance. Carnival was still a fun trip (afterall, it is vacation!) but we had a blast on both of our RC cruises and yet still had romantic moments on our balcony w/ a final drink for the night. Another thing you should know, we've only cruised with groups of people, usually between 12 and 16 people and they were a mix of family and friends. We're not much of the "romantic" couple-we're more like best friends that love to laugh together and have fun no matter what we're doing. You'll have fun on any cruise-it's what you make of it!

I agree. However I come from a Princess Cruise Family :) I think Carnival more of a Spring Break cruise. I heard RC is nice. I would look at each cruise line on this board and look at reviews.

yea see thats how we are, we have never been on vacation alone and dont really care...we are both more relaxed and chill, dont do too much of the lovey dovey stuff...we just like to have fun :) thats why it was hard for me to choose...when i typed the question into good it came out with like secluded and smaller cruises which i dont think suits us. I was trying to choose between RC and CCL...i agree i think its what you make of it...thanks for the input!!

yea see thats how we are, we have never been on vacation alone and dont really care...we are both more relaxed and chill, dont do too much of the lovey dovey stuff...we just like to have fun :) thats why it was hard for me to choose...when i typed the question into good it came out with like secluded and smaller cruises which i dont think suits us. I was trying to choose between RC and CCL...i agree i think its what you make of it...thanks for the input!!

I personally think if your looking for a good time and not so much lovey stuff your best bet is going to be either NCL or RCC. I have cruised on RCC and it as a blast tons to do and the ship didn't go to ship at 10 like it did when we were on Holland. I have heard that NCL is pretty closed to RCC and we will be sailing on the GEM Jan 2010 for our wedding and honeymoon.

We are just like you guys we rather have the people to spent the time with and enjoy the ship then be in our cabin doing the honeymooner thing!!!!!!!

Best of Luck in finding a cruise for your wedding!!!!

I agree. However I come from a Princess Cruise Family :) I think Carnival more of a Spring Break cruise. I heard RC is nice. I would look at each cruise line on this board and look at reviews.

That's what I keep hearing about carnival, but ours was pretty boring! And we actually went during spring break time! We still had a ton of fun, but there was on night that we went into multiple bars w/ 6 people from our group and were the only people in there! It was only 11pm! (we had the late dinner, so this really wasn't that late) I felt really bad for the band in one bar-they were really good and my fiance and I were the only ones dancing on the dance floor!

I hear Princess is wonderful too. My sister did Princess for her honeymoon and they had a blast. Someday I'll try it. For now we're sticking to RC because we've had great times on both that we've been on and plus the Oasis looks like it's going to be amazing!:)

That's exactly why we chose the Oasis-we're appealing to all age groups from ~80 yrs old down to possible infant ages (we have 5 older sisters between to 2 of us and a couple of them are in the process of possibly adding some wee ones!) So we're planning to stay on for a second week w/out our group. I would imagine that there will still be sooooo much for us to do on that ship the second week that we won't get to the first week w/ our group. I feel like we're more excited about the vacation than the wedding sometimes! We've been together for almost 10 years already (highschool sweethearts) so the whole "wedding" is just an excuse to party w/ friends and family! ;)

That's exactly why we chose the Oasis-we're appealing to all age groups from ~80 yrs old down to possible infant ages (we have 5 older sisters between to 2 of us and a couple of them are in the process of possibly adding some wee ones!) So we're planning to stay on for a second week w/out our group. I would imagine that there will still be sooooo much for us to do on that ship the second week that we won't get to the first week w/ our group. I feel like we're more excited about the vacation than the wedding sometimes! We've been together for almost 10 years already (highschool sweethearts) so the whole "wedding" is just an excuse to party w/ friends and family! ;)

Wow that great, you guys have been together a long time!! me and my fiance are running on seven years so...we are also super excited for the honeymoon and our wedding is also a reason to just celebrate and make it official!! So question, I have not booked my honeymoon yet but the one i was looking at was carnival freedom on a 8 day cruise and it goes to five ports!! all of the other lines going to the caribbean go to three?? That is the only reason i am somewhat deciding on carnival...i see what you mean girls mean about carnival...some can be really boring...but the amount of ports is tempting..I dont know..still weighing everything out :)

P.A. (Pam)

The itineraries for the Oasis are out for that time already. I don't know if it's because it's a new ship that they have the dates that far out, but either way, our TA has a block of rooms for our friends and family (We're expecting ~75 people so far! We'll see as we get closer how many people actually book) Good luck to your neice! :)

Kim

KG-thanks for the FYI on the Oasis. I appreciate it. I sent the info to my niece.

Wow that great, you guys have been together a long time!! me and my fiance are running on seven years so...we are also super excited for the honeymoon and our wedding is also a reason to just celebrate and make it official!! So question, I have not booked my honeymoon yet but the one i was looking at was carnival freedom on a 8 day cruise and it goes to five ports!! all of the other lines going to the caribbean go to three?? That is the only reason i am somewhat deciding on carnival...i see what you mean girls mean about carnival...some can be really boring...but the amount of ports is tempting..I dont know..still weighing everything out :)

The carnival one we went on did have a great itinerary as well. The Oasis does not have very exciting ports because it doesn't fit in a lot of ports yet!:eek: I don't care to much because the caribbean is beautiful and I will never get sick any island no matter how many times we go there! We like the sea days just as much as the island days. Going on an 8 day is great! We absolutly loved having that extra day. It was the perfect amount of time away and we actually felt rested after that cruise. I don't think every Carnival cruise is boring, I think we had kind-of an off week. Plus we found out my Fiance's grandmother passed away very unexpectedly back in Chicago while we were literally pulling out of Fort Lauderdale-it really weighed on us the rest of the week that we weren't home w/ his family. Obviously that has nothing to do with Carnival-they were actually wonderful with us when we were contemplating ending our cruise early and flying home. Customer service was great. It's all what you make of it. Good luck w/ your planning. What ports does the freedom go to?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I just got engaged two weeks ago in DisneyWorld. We are planning a wedding on embarkation day, leaving Vancouver after the Alaska runs. Our guest will be able to cruise with us. We are patiently waiting for Holland America and Princess to come out with their fall 2010 cruises. NCL has one that cruises from Vancouver to LA then goes to the Mexican Rivera. This is the one we will most likely do. Looking forward to the wedding and cruising.

hey sorry i havent been on in a while! well it goes to st. thomas, tortola, antigua, nassua, and san juan. I think thats what we are going on because he is really excited about it and yea its totally what you make of it. I am planning on traveling every year so i think we will try royal for our anniversary!

:Dooooo me me, please pick me me!!!!!

going to book P&O Oceana, western med next week!!!! arrrrgh just in process of getting deposits together

we have about 30 people including 4 children,

our two year old, and our yet to be born will be 9 month old baby

im so piggin excited

will everyone be doing 'out of town bags' for guests???? i was thinking of doing this but it works out alot cheaper to just pay for everyone a brecki in bed on a morn of their choice- although the kids may not appreciate it!

we have so many great options, and we are marrying at sea...eeeeekkk im excited!:D:D:D

Looking at Cinco De Mayo 2010 in Cozumel. Cruise to Cozumel (most likely Carnival since that's the only 4-day trip I could find that offers Cozumel on that date), stay in Cozumel for honeymoon.

Does anyone know all the legalities around getting married on Cinco De Mayo (or any Mexican holiday)? Their person can't legally marry us. Is there a way to get legally married if we bring a minister from the US, or is the bigger issue the filing of the license?

hey sorry i havent been on in a while! well it goes to st. thomas, tortola, antigua, nassua, and san juan. I think thats what we are going on because he is really excited about it and yea its totally what you make of it. I am planning on traveling every year so i think we will try royal for our anniversary!

Sorry right back at you! I haven't been on in forever! I would totally go on that cruise! I've never been to Tortola or Antigua but they look awesome. You'll have a great time!:) Our goal is also to take a big vacation every year, at least until we start w/ kids-then Disney will probably take over our party vacations!;) This year-well actually a week from tomorrow-we're going to be in my best friends wedding in Tulum Mexico. Thank god for her this whole Swine flu thing is getting better-she was in panic mode for awhile there! Good luck w/ your planning-I really need to get going on mine. Everyone told be to enjoy the engagement because it goes fast-they weren't lying!

I'm not getting married on a cruise, but I'm taking one for my honeymoon! 11 days out of Charleston, so I don't have to travel! AND the itenerary includes 3 days at sea coming back (which is on a Friday so we still have the weekend before work).

Our date is March 27. I got my gown a few weeks ago. I'm just now starting to look at DJs and photographers. I'm so excited, I can't wait! :)

My fiance and I want to do a cruise wedding. I don't know where to begin as far as planning. do you get married on the ship is that better b/c of the food? Or is it better to get married off the ship? Next year 2010 is when we want to get married so we really need to get things moving. any suggestions you may have would really help.

thank you and congrads to you all!!!:)

My fiance and I want to do a cruise wedding. I don't know where to begin as far as planning. do you get married on the ship is that better b/c of the food? Or is it better to get married off the ship? Next year 2010 is when we want to get married so we really need to get things moving. any suggestions you may have would really help.

thank you and congrads to you all!!!:)

You might find that it will be a little cheaper to do it off the ship. We are using a private wedding planner on St. Thomas. On the other hand if you are having a lot of guests that are not going to be going on the cruise with it might be more of a benefit to do it on the ship on embarkation day before you set sail.

We dont have many going with us plus we want to get married on the beach with the caribbean as our back drop for our pictures. We are just going to go to one of the speciality restaurants on the ship the day of the wedding and then thow a party when we get back.

Congrats and Happy Planning :-)

Thank you cruiselover:) but as far as a private wedding planner how do you find them? see I don't even know where to begin? I saw the packages they offer but they are a bit confusing. I think everyone who will be coming will be on the ship with us. I would like to also consider maybe marrying of the ship too since you said it's cheaper and yes the pictures would be beautiful.

hi everyone my fiance and I want to do a cruise wedding when is a good time to send out your invitations ? I was thinkinbg b/c we want to get married next June sometime July of this year? I am just starting this cruise planning and I am clueless so any help on wedding planning would be great!!!!!

Archived