Carnival to make "a major cruise industry announcement." in Mobile 8/18

CruiseCentric

It could work though. A 7 day cruise followed by a 5 day, then a 4 day followed by another 5 day, then start the rotation over. I kinda like the prospect.

While it might work, I want two ships here. I don't want the Fantasy to be refurbished and then LEAVE us - that's just not a good thing for us here in NOLA at all. I hope the rumors of the Fantasy and Triumph both being in New Orleans are the correct ones. I believe they are, but then I read threads like this and start to worry...

Speaking of alternating itineraries, what WOULD be fabulous would be for the Triumph to do alternating 7 day itineraries - like a standard Western Caribbean, then an exotic route like the NCL Spirit does out of NOLA - going to Belize, Roatan, Guatemala, etc - that would add interest and cause locals and people around the country alike to book the same ship numerous times. I think most repeat cruisers are sick of the Cozumel, MoBay, Grand Cayman itinerary - I'd do it once on the Triumph just to try a new ship, but it's not an itinerary I want to keep doing again and again.

While it might work, I want two ships here. I don't want the Fantasy to be refurbished and then LEAVE us - that's just not a good thing for us here in NOLA at all. I hope the rumors of the Fantasy and Triumph both being in New Orleans are the correct ones. I believe they are, but then I read threads like this and start to worry...

Speaking of alternating itineraries, what WOULD be fabulous would be for the Triumph to do alternating 7 day itineraries - like a standard Western Caribbean, then an exotic route like the NCL Spirit does out of NOLA - going to Belize, Roatan, Guatemala, etc - that would add interest and cause locals and people around the country alike to book the same ship numerous times. I think most repeat cruisers are sick of the Cozumel, MoBay, Grand Cayman itinerary - I'd do it once on the Triumph just to try a new ship, but it's not an itinerary I want to keep doing again and again.

When the Grandeur of the Seas was sailing from NO, she did alternate itineraries. She did Grand Cayman, Progresso and Coz one week, followed by Progresso, Coz and Key West the next. I'd like to see a pure eastern itinerary from NO; something like Key West, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. I'd book it!

When the Grandeur of the Seas was sailing from NO, she did alternate itineraries. She did Grand Cayman, Progresso and Coz one week, followed by Progresso, Coz and Key West the next. I'd like to see a pure eastern itinerary from NO; something like Key West, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. I'd book it!

I think this thread should be renamed dreaming lol. :) Heck even the Conquest new itinerary is going to Bahamas twice and Key west, so it doesnt have to go so far as you want it to go. Id say those ports the distance is a factor. (PS think of the price of gas, I doubt Carnival would choose far away ports)

This was posted on John Heald's blog yesterday by John himself.

"I can’t tell you what it is ……..but I can give the proud people of Mobile, Alabama a clue. We love cruising out of Mobile and in the fall of 2009 your FANTASY of having a bigger ship…………will come true……….y’all."

So it appears that the Fantasy will be goping to Mobile and leaving NOLA

"I can’t tell you what it is ……..but I can give the proud people of Mobile, Alabama a clue. We love cruising out of Mobile and in the fall of 2009 your FANTASY of having a bigger ship…………will come true……….y’all."

Curious to see what the other part of the announcement is!

:cool:

Curious to see what the other part of the announcement is!

:cool:

Curious doesnt begin to describe how I feel since I have the Fantasy booked out of New Orleans dec 09 and dont want to go out of Mobile. If Id wanted that, Id have booked it.

I REALLY want to know what ship will be in New Orleans and what the itinerary will be and how many days cruises, will it just take over Fantasy that is already booked until the end of Dec 09, when the schedule stops.

I knew the Fantasy and the Holiday were affected as both schedules stop at the end of Dec 09, and the other ships schedules keep going into 2010.

Curious doesnt begin to describe how I feel since I have the Fantasy booked out of New Orleans dec 09 and dont want to go out of Mobile. If Id wanted that, Id have booked it.

I REALLY want to know what ship will be in New Orleans and what the itinerary will be and how many days cruises, will it just take over Fantasy that is already booked until the end of Dec 09, when the schedule stops.

I knew the Fantasy and the Holiday were affected as both schedules stop at the end of Dec 09, and the other ships schedules keep going into 2010.

Your booking will probably be transferred to the new ship taking it's place.

I had originally booked my B2B on the inspiration and it was changed to the Destiny because of repositioning of ships. The Itin stayed the same, the ship just changed.

;)

If this is indeed the announcement for today, then once again the Carnival PR people have screwed the pooch.

Better to announce that Mobile will be getting an as yet unnamed Fantasy class ship, then give the exact details at the NOLA press conference.

If this is indeed the announcement for today, then once again the Carnival PR people have screwed the pooch.

Better to announce that Mobile will be getting an as yet unnamed Fantasy class ship, then give the exact details at the NOLA press conference.

Iv said it on other threads too long before now, it just cant be a accident that both the Holiday and Fantasy schedules abruptly end the end of dec 09 right together (thats why I couldnt book past dec 09). Didnt convince anyone but me that something was up. Iv been expecting this for a while, the big question is what will happen now in New Orleans. I really hope Im wrong about the Fantasy, but have been convinced for months that is what is going to happen.

When I booked it, my thinking was to get one of the last Fantasy cruises out of New Orleans, might have outsmarted myself, will know tomorrow I guess.

:D I set here and laugh, Waiting for the offical word.. I am placing a 100.00 on the Fantasy to be going to Mobile.. I say that cause of the little oil spill accdent that cause her to go to Mobile in the first place. If carnvil looks at this they already know she can get into and out of port with out any problems. They and the city of Mobile would not have to do any upgrades to the make it a deeper port.. They would have to add a bigger parking gargage. That could be bulit by the time they ship would reposted there. This oil spill was a accdent that well was a Win Win for both Mobile and Carvinal.

It showed the powers that be, Mobile could in fact handle a bigger ship with out problems. It also showed them they could handle two ships.

I will tune in to see what the Offical word will be..

:D I set here and laugh, Waiting for the offical word.. I am placing a 100.00 on the Fantasy to be going to Mobile.. I say that cause of the little oil spill accdent that cause her to go to Mobile in the first place. If carnvil looks at this they already know she can get into and out of port with out any problems. They and the city of Mobile would not have to do any upgrades to the make it a deeper port.. They would have to add a bigger parking gargage. That could be bulit by the time they ship would reposted there. This oil spill was a accdent that well was a Win Win for both Mobile and Carvinal.

It showed the powers that be, Mobile could in fact handle a bigger ship with out problems. It also showed them they could handle two ships.

I will tune in to see what the Offical word will be..

The issue of the river has never been a problem. The turning basin is 1000 feet. The Fantasy is 855' in length and the Triumph 893' in length. The river channel is over 40 feet deep. The Fantasy's draft is 27' 7" and the Triumph is 27'.

The terminal can handle the number of passengers. The only problems to be resolved are the parking and the gangway.

Dave

The word I'm hearing from my PVP is that Fantasy will indeed move to Mobile, offering 4 and 5 day cruises, and Triumph will move to New Orleans, offering 4, 5 & 7 day cruises. Apparently NO is still going to have only one ship.

That would be fine with me. Hopefully they will drydock the Triumph first. Was on her last year and she was showing some wear.

I have to laugh at your post, because I posed the same rotation you mention in another thread and someone replied that it was impossible to do the 7-5-4 day rotations. I guess they were a expert, LOL. It does seem like that it will be tough on the crew doing that many turn-arounds on a ship of her size.

The word I'm hearing from my PVP is that Fantasy will indeed move to Mobile, offering 4 and 5 day cruises, and Triumph will move to New Orleans, offering 4, 5 & 7 day cruises. Apparently NO is still going to have only one ship.

I hope you are wrong.. I really do.. It would be disappointing to lose a newly refurbished ship to a non-refurbished one w/ no waterpark.

Mobile is CST

Thanks...that is what I thought but was not sure!

So for us east coasters the announcement is at 2:30.

Don't need people posting an hour early asking what the announcement was...LOL :p:rolleyes:

It seems that when these reshuffling of ships are announced, it is ore than just 1 ship moving, so here is my take, please add your two cents!

Galveston will not lose the Conquest, or at least keep a Conquest-Class ship.

New Orleans will stay a 1 ship port, possibly with the Triumph. I like the idea of 4/5/7 sailings. Mix it up a bit.

Mobile will get a Fantasy Class ship. My feeling is that is will be the Fantasy when the Triumph (or what ever ship CCL chooses) comes in to replace it in New Orleans. However, Carnival likes a "change of scenery" every now and then, so what if the Sensation comes in and the Fantasy goes to Port Canaveral?

Miami has, what, 5 ships now, plus the Dream in 09? Could there be another announcement of ship movement coming up? Norfolk, Charleston, Savana, 2nd Jacksonville, NYC year round coming up? How about west coast, say San Francisco year round? How about seasonal Philadelphia? Any other home port possibities along the Gulf Coast?

Some things to think about!

Don

It seems that when these reshuffling of ships are announced, it is ore than just 1 ship moving, so here is my take, please add your two cents!

Galveston will not lose the Conquest, or at least keep a Conquest-Class ship.

New Orleans will stay a 1 ship port, possibly with the Triumph. I like the idea of 4/5/7 sailings. Mix it up a bit.

Mobile will get a Fantasy Class ship. My feeling is that is will be the Fantasy when the Triumph (or what ever ship CCL chooses) comes in to replace it in New Orleans. However, Carnival likes a "change of scenery" every now and then, so what if the Sensation comes in and the Fantasy goes to Port Canaveral?

Miami has, what, 5 ships now, plus the Dream in 09? Could there be another announcement of ship movement coming up? Norfolk, Charleston, Savana, 2nd Jacksonville, NYC year round coming up? How about west coast, say San Francisco year round? How about seasonal Philadelphia? Any other home port possibities along the Gulf Coast?

Some things to think about!

Don

I think the Dream goes to Canaveral, not Miami.

Archived