Carnival to make "a major cruise industry announcement." in Mobile 8/18

CruiseCentric

It seems that when these reshuffling of ships are announced, it is ore than just 1 ship moving, so here is my take, please add your two cents!

Galveston will not lose the Conquest, or at least keep a Conquest-Class ship.

New Orleans will stay a 1 ship port, possibly with the Triumph. I like the idea of 4/5/7 sailings. Mix it up a bit.

Mobile will get a Fantasy Class ship. My feeling is that is will be the Fantasy when the Triumph (or what ever ship CCL chooses) comes in to replace it in New Orleans. However, Carnival likes a "change of scenery" every now and then, so what if the Sensation comes in and the Fantasy goes to Port Canaveral?

Miami has, what, 5 ships now, plus the Dream in 09? Could there be another announcement of ship movement coming up? Norfolk, Charleston, Savana, 2nd Jacksonville, NYC year round coming up? How about west coast, say San Francisco year round? How about seasonal Philadelphia? Any other home port possibities along the Gulf Coast?

Some things to think about!

Don

Understand your idea and think it will be good for NOLA to have a 4/5/7 sailings.

I don't think the Fantasy will move to Canaveral as it was just sailing out of there. Fantasy was in Orlando and the Sensation took it over sometime in 2005.

Also, like the previous poster said, after the trans-atlantic cruise, the Carnival Dream will be doing 2 sailings out of NY and the be based in Port Canaveral

It seems that when these reshuffling of ships are announced, it is ore than just 1 ship moving, so here is my take, please add your two cents!

Galveston will not lose the Conquest, or at least keep a Conquest-Class ship.

New Orleans will stay a 1 ship port, possibly with the Triumph. I like the idea of 4/5/7 sailings. Mix it up a bit.

Mobile will get a Fantasy Class ship. My feeling is that is will be the Fantasy when the Triumph (or what ever ship CCL chooses) comes in to replace it in New Orleans. However, Carnival likes a "change of scenery" every now and then, so what if the Sensation comes in and the Fantasy goes to Port Canaveral?

Miami has, what, 5 ships now, plus the Dream in 09? Could there be another announcement of ship movement coming up? Norfolk, Charleston, Savana, 2nd Jacksonville, NYC year round coming up? How about west coast, say San Francisco year round? How about seasonal Philadelphia? Any other home port possibities along the Gulf Coast?

Some things to think about!

Don

I'm surpised how close a lot of people are. Either great guessers or some with insiders (like a CVS / PVP...).

For the moving round-up:

Victory is moving to SJU as of November 2;

Destiny is moving to MIA September 21;

Splendor is moving to L.A. Mar. 31 2009 (after the 50-day South America cruise starting Jan. 31 2009);

Pride moving to MIA Mar. 22 2009, then to Baltimore Sept. 9 2009;

Freedom remaining in FLL year-round, not going to Europe 2009;

Liberty going Northern Europe April 25 2009, then Med' Sept. 6 2009;

Glory to MIA Oct. 2009;

Dream to Pt. Canaveral Nov. 2009.

Triumph and Fantasy... still not allowed to discuss their deployments yet...

Also, like the previous poster said, after the trans-atlantic cruise, the Carnival Dream will be doing 2 sailings out of NY and the be based in Port Canaveral

Bad wording on my part. I know the Dream is going to Canaveral, point is there will likely be another Conquest-Class vessel displaced when she arrives (Glory), so this may add to the reshuffeling of ships. Conquest has been in Texas for 3 years now, 4 by next fall, time for a change?

Don

A=

Bad wording on my part. I know the Dream is going to Canaveral, point is there will likely be another Conquest-Class vessel displaced when she arrives (Glory), so this may add to the reshuffeling of ships. Conquest has been in Texas for 3 years now, 4 by next fall, time for a change?

Don

Already been announced Glory is going to Miami October 2009

So was the Announcement to take place at 1:30 eastern time or 1:30 central time?

Central..then a reporter will have to write the article and paper upload it. So might be a couple of hours before it makes it on the net. Although they might break into TV programming in the Mobile area with the news.

Just called the cruise terminal in Mobile. The meeting is occurring as we speak but the person who answered the phone isnt saying yet.

Dave

Cool! I wonder if its pouring down rain there like it is in P'cola. Is the ship in port?

Don

See my post #80:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15887494&postcount=80

Archived