Carnival to make "a major cruise industry announcement." in Mobile 8/18

CruiseCentric

We are booking the Triumph as soon as she sails from New Orleans!!!!

Ditto that LHP! I can't wait to get a bigger ship in NO. We are heading back to Mobile in October for one last run on the Holiday. But we will do the Fantasy some too out of Mobile just like we have done out of NO. Great news all the way around! Just hope for a little iteniary change. Just something to spice it up a little.

I just posted over on CC boards. Some has to point out that Mobile is getting the Fantasy. But still will have the oldest ship in the fleet.. I don't care how old the Fantasy is. I am just happy for Mobile to have a ship.

But it is going to be newly refurbished with the new water park and adult serenity area.

It will be the newest one then...LOL

:D

We are booking the Triumph as soon as she sails from New Orleans!!!!

I'd love to do the same, but since we're planning 6/09 for a 5 day family & in-law cruise, I will have to wait til 2010 to go back on the Triumph.

I'd love to do the same, but since we're planning 6/09 for a 5 day family & in-law cruise, I will have to wait til 2010 to go back on the Triumph.

We'll do that first sailing as well, but we aren't going to make a regular thing of the 7 day itinerary. Best case scenario, we get another ship for shorter itineraries. I guess second best would be the Triumph to shorter and longer itineraries - although I'm not sure how well that would work. If we lose our 5 day cruises, I will be very, very sad.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/carnival-cruise-lines-to-increase,508945.shtml

Year-Round Four- and Five-Day Mexico Cruises

Carnival Fantasy will launch year-round four- and five-day service from

Mobile Monday, Nov. 16, 2009. On this route, four-day cruises departing

Thursdays visit Cozumel, one of the cruise industry's most popular

destinations known for its beautiful white-sand beaches, excellent shopping

and variety of shore excursion opportunities.

Five-day cruises departing Mondays visit both Cozumel and Calica, which,

in addition to aqua-blue waters that attract snorkelers, scuba divers and

windsurfers the world over, is in close proximity to the magnificent Mayan

ruins of Tulum, the ecological theme park Xcaret, and Playa del Carmen and its

popular Avenida Cinco shopping district.

Five-day cruises departing Saturdays call at Cozumel and Progreso, an

emerging port with exciting excursion options to the beautiful colonial city

of Merida and the spectacular Mayan ruins in Chichen Itza, recently named one

of the Seven Wonders of the World.

On November 10, 2009, the ship will offer a one-time six-day cruise

visiting Progreso, Cozumel and Costa Maya. The Holiday will remain in Mobile

through the departure of November 2, 2009 and will then be transferred to

Iberocruceros, a Spain-based sister cruise brand under the Carnival

Corporation & plc umbrella.

Reservations Now Open

Reservations are currently being accepted for the Carnival Fantasy's new

four- and five-day cruise program from Mobile. Round-trip air supplements

from a variety of North American gateways and discounted rates for third and

fourth guests sailing in the same stateroom are also available.

Already been announced Glory is going to Miami October 2009

Ok, I admit I missed that announcement. That leaves MIA with:

Valor-7 day alternating east/west, departs Saturday

Destiny, 2 5's and a 4

Inspiration 3's and 4's (takes over for Fantasy in Sept, 4/5 day replaced by Destiny)

Triumph: Seasonal Eastern/Western MIA/NYC to Canada, random other cruises.

Glory: 7 day Alternating Eastern/Western, Departing Sunday

Liberty: 7 day eastern/Western alternating, Departs Saturday Seasonal Europe

4 Summer (Valor, Glory, Destiny, Inspiration) and 6 Winter (Add Triumph and Liberty). Plus the Pride does a summer there next year before heading up the coast to Baltimore.

So, if Triumph goes to NOLA, that leaves 4 year round ships, 1 seasonal. It also leaves NYC down a ship. Could Miracle go year round in NYC? How about the seasonal Canada trips from NY?

Also, I think that adding an East Coast homeport, sooner or later, at Norfolk, Charleston, of Savanah may be on Carnival's radar due to fuel costs.

Ok, I'm done for now. Will wait until tommorow!

Don

Yes, I need that drink now. If all we're going to have is 7 days on the Triumph, I'm done cruising.

I don't think you have to worry. In any case, you should feel fortunate that you have ports within driving distance. Some of us have to fly to EVERY port, so be grateful for what you do have, even if it's not what you'd choose in a perfect world:)

I am so excited that the Fantasy will go to Calica. We had such a great tour there (Tulum, Dos Ojos, Akumal, and Yal-ku with Edventure Tours) and wanted to return again. Although we loved our cruise on the Holiday, we wanted to try a different ship. Now we can try out Fantasy and see more of the area. Definitely a win-win!

The Sensation sailed out of New Orleans when the Conquest was there.

The Sensation did the 4/5/5 and the Conquest did the 7.

They seemed to both do well.....

So hopefully the Sensation and the Triumph will do well together also!

That's my hope as well. I love the Sensation (purple everywhere - lol!) and after her refurb it will be even better. So is the NOLA info supposed to be given tomorrow, or are they going to make us wait?

That's my hope as well. I love the Sensation (purple everywhere - lol!) and after her refurb it will be even better. So is the NOLA info supposed to be given tomorrow, or are they going to make us wait?

I believe that was what was posted in this thread earlier....I think it was a tuesday morning announcement.

She's not moving... ;)

We'll do that first sailing as well, but we aren't going to make a regular thing of the 7 day itinerary. Best case scenario, we get another ship for shorter itineraries. I guess second best would be the Triumph to shorter and longer itineraries - although I'm not sure how well that would work. If we lose our 5 day cruises, I will be very, very sad.

Rowan, we made the 2 hour drive from Mobile to New Orleans to cruise many times. Why is it so difficult for you to contemplate driving to Mobile for a change?

I don't see them moving the (workhorse) Sensation from here (Pt. Canaveral). She runs Carnival's 3/4 day sailings. IF they did, then there would be ANOTHER ship swap going on here, as they won't leave Port Canaveral with only 1 ship (Glory, followed by Dream 12/5/09)... Not a chance!!

Tom

I'd be happier with two ships in NOLA ... a short and a long itinerary ship. But, three short itinerary ships sailing from the Gulf wasn't helping us all much, so the Triumph doing a 7-night or a combo short/long itineraries as has been suggested will be great for the Gulf market!

We're equal distance from either port so it's all good for us. Here's what I DON'T get....

They said only the 11/10 sailing on Fantasy will visit Costa Maya on the special 6 day sailing to get her on a normal schedule. Why not put Costa Maya back on the itinerary and drop Progresso? If they can go there on one sailing...they can go there on others. Since it's next year we're talking about, it's a pretty sure thing that CM will be up and running. C'Mon Carnival!! :(

I'd be happier with two ships in NOLA ... a short and a long itinerary ship. But, three short itinerary ships sailing from the Gulf wasn't helping us all much, so the Triumph doing a 7-night or a combo short/long itineraries as has been suggested will be great for the Gulf market!

The Conquest is already doing 7 days from the Gulf.

So, now there will be two.

Archived