Thanksgiving dinner in Long Beach

gargoyle999

We are flying into LGB, currently scheduled for 3:46pm, on Thanksgiving. Anyone have any idea if anything will be open between the airport and the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. I'm worried about getting something to eat once we get off the plane since it will be Thanksgiving and most everything is usually closed. It's going to be a long day since we are leaving around 8am Central and not getting to our final destination until almost 4pm Pacific! We'll need to find something!

I don't even care if it's a resturant, fast food, or even grocery store (heck even a 7-11 would work if that's all there is and it's open)! Any suggestions on what might be open in the later afternoon on Turkey Day?

Hi- I'm wondering where to eat in LongBeach for Thanksgiving, also. We're staying at the Renaissance in LB .

There is a site called Discover OurTown and alot of restaurants in LongBeach. If you find restaurants and so will I. Let us know.

An Irish place 'Auld Dubliner' might be open. Otherwise, the hotel restaurants would be open - you could call them ahead.

Now, we have to draw the line at a 7-11 !!! LOL, MaryAnn

We are flying into LGB, currently scheduled for 3:46pm, on Thanksgiving. Anyone have any idea if anything will be open between the airport and the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. I'm worried about getting something to eat once we get off the plane since it will be Thanksgiving and most everything is usually closed. It's going to be a long day since we are leaving around 8am Central and not getting to our final destination until almost 4pm Pacific! We'll need to find something!

I don't even care if it's a resturant, fast food, or even grocery store (heck even a 7-11 would work if that's all there is and it's open)! Any suggestions on what might be open in the later afternoon on Turkey Day?

As we get closer to Thanksgiving (a few weeks away) hit me up and I'll ask around locally. The Crowne Plaza has their own restaurant, Juliette's. I would ask the hotel if they will be open. Also, the Grinder is right around the corner. It's a Denny's style of restaurant so they may be open but it's hard to say for sure this far out. Good Luck!!

The Queen Mary does a special TG brunch (till 6pm) and the restaurants there serve TG faire all day long. Shoreline village is a tourist attraction, so I'm inclined to believe all those places will be open as well. Although I live in downtown LB, thanksgiving dinner is at Mom's.

worst case, there's a McDonalds on Long Beach Blvd at 5th or 6th. Denny's on LBB & 6th. Closer in you might also look at OpenTable to see who is taking reservations.

Although I live in downtown LB, thanksgiving dinner is at Mom's.

Great! We'll be there around 6ish. :D

Actually those are both good ideas. I'd be happy to just go to the hotel restaurant if it's open (or Grinders for that matter :)). I checked open table but it's too far out yet to really tell. Will check with the CP next.

Most likely any "nice" restaurants will be booked ahead of time (I come from a family that never ate at home that night -- if you tasted my mother's cooking, you would know why:eek: ).

I wouldn't count on fast food places being open that night, but there could still be one last something wrapped in foil at the closest 7-11.

When is thanksgiving... sorry if it sounds stupid!!!

Adding to CJW's reply, the day after (Friday) is a holiday...except for those in retail. It's the kickoff to the Christmas shopping season, and stores open as early as 4 or 5am with "early bird" or "doorbuster" sales. If you're planning on doing some shopping, it can be a combat shopping experience if you go early....so wait until Friday afternoon when the crowds subside. Part of our family TG is the ladies going through the newspaper and planning their Friday morning assault. Us guys go fishing.

Most likely any "nice" restaurants will be booked ahead of time (I come from a family that never ate at home that night -- if you tasted my mother's cooking' date=' you would know why:eek: ).

I wouldn't count on fast food places being open that night, but there could still be one last something wrapped in foil at the closest 7-11.[/quote']

My primary plan is to keep an eye on opentable.com and see what might be available for reservations so that was a good suggestion as I hadn't thought of that. Backup is the leftover wieners from 7-11! :D

I forgot about "Black Friday." We sleep in every year. Then we think of somewhere else to go because there won't be any parking at the mall all day.

Just shop on line. :) Monday after Thanksgiving for shopping on the internet is the equivalent to Friday after Thanksgiving in the brick and mortar shops.

Keith

Is that a webkinz in your avatar? The reason I'm asking is that we're about to do a "quickie" trip and I was thinking of featuring one of our newest ones (a cow) in some photos.

nah. She's not has frizzy as a webkins. She's just an adorable lil cow that KellyToy made in 2001. She has a penchant for fine sipping tequilas. :eek:

Besides OpenTable, you might want to ask on chowhound for advice. Long Beach is in the Los Angeles Area section. Just as on CC, the chowpeople are very happy to provide advice on eating anywhere in the world. I've had excellent recommendations from them for eats in Rome, Venice, Calgary, Vancouver, the Big Island, Laguna Beach, you name it. I'm as addicted to that site as I am CC :)

I was in the Grinder yesterday and asked if they would be open for Thanksgiving. Manager said only if he got volunteers but they have been open for the last three years. Unfortunately, they are only open 7a-1p if they do open at all. Guess you can check that one off the list for Thanksgiving dinner.

I was in the Grinder yesterday and asked if they would be open for Thanksgiving. Manager said only if he got volunteers but they have been open for the last three years. Unfortunately, they are only open 7a-1p if they do open at all. Guess you can check that one off the list for Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanks for asking them and giving the update! :)

Hello...

Six of the restaurants on the Queen Mary are open for Thanksgiving dinner (different prices depending on the venue) as well as The Reef, which is quite close to there and has beautiful ocean views.

I'm sure that the larger hotel restaurants will be open as well.

murphysmum;)

Archived