Faye

gargoyle999

Thanks Gorgoyle. Hopefully, it will not develop too much before it gets here. My only concern is that this is following the same path as Georges in 1998. That NE corner of the storm could bring a flood to my area (Summerland Key) if the center is to the west.

I know it won't be bad, but my plants just got back to full size since Wilma.

So far this is just a "regular" storm. Went in to Harpoon Harry's for breakfast, stopped by the liquor store for yet another case of beer and some champagne ;) , and now am hunkered in watching the waves and the palms. I guess it's supposed to get "worse" later this evening but so far so good. Most of the stores are boarded up but still open. A few have sandbags out but that's not unusual. Duval floods during a regular storm anyway.

Will post more later.

ps to Aquahound - I'm at Bluewater.

It was really nothing. The brunt of the storm hit just to the East of Key West (my island of course :rolleyes:). My neighbor measured sustained winds of 62 mph and gusts of 68 mph on his wind gauge...not even hurricane strength. Our only excitement was when a water spout came ashore on my street. The only casualties were some tree tops and a few mailboxes.

As for Key West, there was only some localized flooding. It would have been fine if not for the locals idiots that sped through, throwing wakes on people's doorsteps.

Here's a link to see live streaming video of Key West today. Yesterday the view was not so nice with the palms waving violently and sheets of rain coming down the street. But, no damage and we needed the rain.

The view is from La Brisa Condos (my future full time home) towards the south overlooking Smathers Beach. Double click the small pic to enlarge. There are 3 different views.

Enjoy!

http://mycampage.com/notlimah

Here's a link to see live streaming video of Key West today. Yesterday the view was not so nice with the palms waving violently and sheets of rain coming down the street. But, no damage and we needed the rain.

The view is from La Brisa Condos (my future full time home) towards the south overlooking Smathers Beach. Double click the small pic to enlarge. There are 3 different views.

Enjoy!

http://mycampage.com/notlimah

2 of our best friends live at La Brisa. You'll love it there.

Archived