Olympics on a Cruise

I had two thoughts watching the Jamaican teams blowing through track and field the other night.

1) Has anyone been docked in a country during the Olympics that has had some huge victory (like Jamaica right now with all of their success)?

2) Have you been on the ship and watched the Olympics with someone who is watching their country compete? Not only guests but staff as well (I'm thinking of my favorite Jamaican bartenders watching track, or my Australian massage therapist who loved swimming).

Completely random thread and thoughts, but I thought there may be some interesting responses.

We're just back from the med cruise on Legend of the Seas and we were able to watch the olympics. It was great. During the basketball game between China and Spain, threre were a group of passengers from each of those countries cheering on their team. The olympics were showing in almost all the lounges with TV's.

Marcia from Hampton,VA

1) Has anyone been docked in a country during the Olympics that has had some huge victory (like Jamaica right now with all of their success)?

Completely random thread and thoughts, but I thought there may be some interesting responses.

Well, I'm docked in Baltimore awaiting the return of Michael Phelps!!!:D

Well, I'm docked in Baltimore awaiting the return of Michael Phelps!!!:D

I have a question about Phelps

I remember Spitz a few years ago (Dentist Spitz funny)

How come Phelps won more medels?

1. Are there more events now

2. Spitz did not enter as many races as Phelps did.

It sounds like soon they can hold the diving competition on the Oasis. Maybe add competitive zip lining.

If anybody is going on the Mariner soon be sure to tell Brian from Jamaica (bartender upstairs) that he was right about Bolt.

I have a question about Phelps

I remember Spitz a few years ago (Dentist Spitz funny)

How come Phelps won more medels?

1. Are there more events now

2. Spitz did not enter as many races as Phelps did.

Spitz entered and won four individual events and three relays, Phelps entered and won five individual events and three relays. All the events Phelps entered were in the Olympics in 1972.

Archived