sea kayaking

MAO

Anyone been sea kayaking in any of the Carribean ports?

We are traveling to Grand Cay, Roatan, Cozumel and Belize in January and recently went sea kayaking off the coast of N.E and had a great time, can only imagine the Carribean would be that much more beautiful?

Thanks for any input you might have:)

Doesn't anyone have any info on sea kayaking for me?:( The more info I can gather the better.

I also love to hear peoples experiances cuz it makes me prepared for our upcoming cruise.

I've gone many times, including Roatan and Belize. Most of the kayaks you'll get are the sit-on-top type, meaning you'll get wet and sunburned. Go against the current on your way out so you can glide back in if you're tired. If you are going double, have the first person sit in front and the second person can shove off and get in just as it starts to float. Sounds easy enough but can be a challage if there are any waves. Mangroves are always nice to go through, lots of little creatures and a nursery for fish. Have fun and enjoy!

Anyone been sea kayaking in any of the Carribean ports?

We are traveling to Grand Cay, Roatan, Cozumel and Belize in January and recently went sea kayaking off the coast of N.E and had a great time, can only imagine the Carribean would be that much more beautiful?

Thanks for any input you might have:)

Yes we did the kayaking tour in the Grand Caymans. Absolutely loved it!

We took a bus to the other side of the island and used the 2 man kayaks.

There was not a sole in sight except for the 20 people in our group. Absolutely breath taking. We kayaked for about 30 minutes and saw many sea creatures. Then we kayaked out to a dock a ways out in the ocean and once we arrived there we got on our snorkel gear and snorkeled a while. We did this tour thru the ship.....

Thank you both!

I recently kayaked off Cape Cod and had a great time. The kayaks were the no tip type (I'm kayak ignorant) and very easy to paddle. Once we were finished I thought about how beautiful it would be out in the carribean.

Which port do you think would be best? We have done the stingray thing in Grand Cay, and have not been to Belize or Roatan. Cozumel we kinda have a plan already, kinda a tradition to go to Paradise beach sooo..

Archived