Triumph-Western Caribbean vs Valor-Eastern Caribbean

559cruisers

We're currently booked on the Valor-Eastern Caribbean (Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten) but considering changing to the Triumph-Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios). Both cruises leave Miami on the same day but the Triumph is a little less expensive. Has anyone been on both of these cruises? Which one is the better route? :confused:

You know this is just a matter of personal preference. Is the savings large enough to warrant changing ships? What type excursions are you wanting to do? I have been to all places and loved (liked Nassau and OR) all of them. Different things to do at each one. Do you want to swim w/ the stingrays or hang out on a beach. I haven't been on the Valor (yet), but the main difference is it has fish and chips, mongolian grill and supper club. All of which I look forward to enjoying. I personally would stay on the Valor just for that reason, but I am a foodie:D

Haven't been on the Valor but it is a newer ship. We have sailed the Triumph and liked the ship. As another poster mentioned, it's all about preference. For us, the eastern isn't that appealing since there are two full days at sea at the end of the cruise. For some, that is very appealing. I love the western itinerary and on this one, you would have a day at sea in between each port.

Good luck with your decision.

I like Eastern, but Im in Texas where you have to go clear to florida for a true Eastern. At least we have more choices now though. Iv done Western one too many times compared to Eastern. I think Eastern usually sells for a tad more than Western.

Triumph doesnt have the supper club or as many eating choices. Not sure if Sur Mer is on other newer ships, or just Conquest but Im betting Valor has more choices if you want choices of eateries, if that matters.

In my opinion, Nassau is OK for a quick cheapie weekend getaway cruise, but I would feel as if I'm wasting my money if I booked a 7 day cruise which stops there. I think that you might get more bang for your buck by going to the Western Caribbean. The Triumph is 5 years older than the Valor, but structurally, they're very similar. About the only things that you will miss include the reservations only restaurant, a fridge in your cabin, and instead of 22 bars/lounges, you'll have 18. I do prefer the decoration on the Triumph MUCH more than the Valor though.

If you stick to the Eastern Caribbean on the Valor, St. Thomas and St. Maarten are awesome and I can't wait until I get to visit again in November!

i have been on both and both trips are great. first is expense to switch because even if lower price you now have to pay fuel charge difference. if still cheaper here is difference keep in mind the truimph ship gets dry dock and will be like new ship in november 2008. if you like shopping and jewlry hands down go on eastern cruise,st thomas and st marteen are great and can also fit in snorkeling at ocean. if you just want best snorkeling then do western cruise and make sure you goto chicconob national park to snorkel or dive .

Keep the Valor! we sailed on her and totally loved it! the Thriump was dissapointing for my cousin and my aunt, even though the price was about $200 less.

In my personal opinion, I did not like Ocho rios at all. Grand cayman is one of those ports most western itineraries have. I've got to go in 3 different times because 80% western itineraries stop there.

However, St. Marteen/St. Thomas are really lovely ports, everyone likes them. Nassau is not a big deal either... but if you are only comparing ships, I would keep the Valor 100%! she's beautiful!

Archived