What beach is good for us?

hulahoops

We are going to be there next week. Porttime says 2 ships, 8,085 people. We want a nice beach, not jammed pack with people. I am pregnant so I want somewhere to rent a chair and relax, swim, etc. My husband will probably want to snorkel.

Thank you!

According to the posts on this forum, Coki Beach or Sapphire Beach may be your best bet for beaches that have snorkeling. Another option is to make the trip to St. John's - there are lots of posts here about doing that. There is an awesome snorkel park there. Folks who go really early say that the cruise tours don't arrive until later in the morning. I've snorkeled at Coki and St. John's and would recommend St. John's, but it takes time to do that and you may not feel up to it.

You are going to be there in August, so whatever you do, you should do it early before the brutal heat of the day. Just get off the ship first thing, arrange a safari cab, and get going wherever. If it gets too hot or you are tired, come back and relax on the ship.

Sapphire would be a good match. Nice beach, good swimming on the left side where its sandy, good snorkeling mostly on the right side where there are rocks/reef. While its popular with cruise passengers it typically isn't as packed as Magens and Coki. There are chairs for rent, and you can get one under the seagrape trees for natural shade. Secret Harbor Beach would be a nice choice also, but they apparently no longer rent chairs to non-guests.

--Islander

Archived